A Blissful Flutter with the Brat

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: A Blissful Flutter with the Brat

Post by Richprins »

Cracking storyline, Flutts! ^Q^ ^Q^

The boy is still too skinny! 0*\ lol

Short glasses! @#$ (I take my own spare! ..0.. )

Nice sightings all round, and nice to get a leopard under the belt! \O

Forbidden fruit! =O:

Looks like nice accommodation, and agreed better than Skuks! :yes:

0()

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
PJL

Post by PJL »

Looks like you had a great start to your trip Flutts ^Q^ ^Q^

I've always wanted to stay at Biyamiti but never managed to find accommodation free on the days we wanted... nice to see the place through your eyes \O

0() 0()

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Super O:V that you got to stay in Biyamiti and an extra night as well. Looks very nice . SO always wanted to stay there, we will get there one day O**

Lovely Genet and a Leopard to boot . O/\

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Lisbeth wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:39 am Flutty, It's not true that I do not like hyenas only that I find the grown-ups terribly ugly and smelly and as they are so clever and useful one cannot but admire them. They are also great mothers :yes:

Leopard O\/

and a lovely genet O/\
Yes, the older ones can be ugly, but they are lovely animals. :yes:
Pumbaa wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:39 pm The S139 is indeed an extreme hilly road but always worth to drive when staying at Biyamiti \O

For us we enjoy when staying in Biyamiti the drives on that exclusive road although in summer same can be very dense and overgrown O**

At least you already saw a leopard and luckily you got visited by the genet during the evening O/\

Thanks Flutterby 0()
Thanks Pumbaa, it was great to see a leopard on our first day. :-0
Richprins wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:24 pm Cracking storyline, Flutts! ^Q^ ^Q^

The boy is still too skinny! 0*\ lol

Short glasses! @#$ (I take my own spare! ..0.. )

Nice sightings all round, and nice to get a leopard under the belt! \O

Forbidden fruit! =O:

Looks like nice accommodation, and agreed better than Skuks! :yes:

0()
The Brat will always be skinny, it's in his Italian genes! O** We were very happy that we didn't have to move to Skuks. :yes:
PJL wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:24 pm Looks like you had a great start to your trip Flutts ^Q^ ^Q^

I've always wanted to stay at Biyamiti but never managed to find accommodation free on the days we wanted... nice to see the place through your eyes \O

0() 0()
We really loved Biyamiti, although it would be nice if there were some short loop roads around the camp, so that there are some options when wanting to do a short drive. -O-
RogerFraser wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:47 pm Super O:V that you got to stay in Biyamiti and an extra night as well. Looks very nice . SO always wanted to stay there, we will get there one day O**

Lovely Genet and a Leopard to boot . O/\
Biyamiti is lovely and quiet, and I would recommend getting a bungalow with a river view. ;-)
Last edited by Flutterby on Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

I just realised that I forgot to say we had had 2 rhino sightings on our first drive in the park, totalling 7 rhino. :-0

It was sad to see them without their horns, but if it keeps them safe, then I'm all for it. :yes:

Sadly, we didn't see any other rhino for the rest of the trip. :-(

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Back to Day 2.

The next morning we were up and ready to leave camp by 5.30. It's completely light at that time so it's a pity that the gates only open at 6. Our neighbours were also early risers and were having coffee at the fence. At 5.45 we go into our car and they did the same. They got to the gate first, and while we thought we had to wait for 6am, our neighbour went to open the gate. I got out of the car to tell her I would close it, and she asked me if we'd seen the leopard in the riverbed! :shock: Apparently they'd seen it 10 minutes before....why hadn't they called us??!! 0*\

We had to be back at camp by 10 as they had organised an early check-in to our new bungalow, so we'd planned a route to Croc Bridge and back via the H5 and S26.

A beautiful Bateleur.

Some cuties.

This elllie had some relatively nice tusks.

Near the end of the S25 we came across a jackal. Normally, they run away from vehicles, but this one kept coming closer and was very interested in us, which is almost a sure sign that it is used to being fed. :-(

On the S25 we found our first lions. There were 4 of them in very thick bush and they were almost impossible to photograph.

On the S26, we found a single male, again impossible to photograph!! 0*\

This road block held us up for a while :-0 , but we got back to camp just after 10.

We stopped at reception so I could get the key for our new bungalow. When I came out I saw a vehicle stopped next to ours, and the driver was talking to the Brat. I recognised them as the 2 ladies who we'd seen just after our leopard sighting the previous evening. She was telling the Brat that after we had driven off, they'd driven a bit further on and then turned around, and in almost the same spot, had found a leopard in a tree!!! :shock: Our leopard...if only we had stuck around!! 0*\ She then showed us the lovely pics they had managed to get of it....I was very jealous. /ou/ We chatted a bit more, and she told us about a wild dog den we should look for when we were at Satara. :-0

harrys

Post by harrys »

Great photos and I am so :-0 :-0 with your Lion and Leopard ^Q^ ^Q^

KNP:
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Not everybody has a trip raining with leopards like PJL lol

Such a sweet looking jackal, maybe it was only very young and curious, at least I hope so ;-)

lovely mongooses ^Q^

Those lions were very well hidden lol

I still haven't seen any blurred pics O**

Great that you saw rhinos. It has become almost a rarity :-(

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Indeed a pity about the missed leopard, Flutterby :twisted:

but must say that you already had a very fruitful morning with the lions and the lovely jackal shots \O \O \O

Not to forget your fantastic rhino shots :ty:

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

\O Great that you saw some Rhino ,we did not see any on our recent trip . Very unusual for the Jackal we always find them quite shy . :-? At least you did see the Leopard yourself even if only briefly -O- .

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”