Committee Member

Re: A Blissful Flutter with the Brat

Post by Richprins »

Big 5 done already, Flutts? :-0 :-0

And rhinos! O/\ O\/

Weird jackal behaviour... -O-

Love the bateleur too! :yes:

And nice to get an early checkin!

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

harrys wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:55 am Great photos and I am so :-0 :-0 with your Lion and Leopard ^Q^ ^Q^
Thanks harrys. \O
Lisbeth wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:16 am Not everybody has a trip raining with leopards like PJL lol

Such a sweet looking jackal, maybe it was only very young and curious, at least I hope so ;-)

lovely mongooses ^Q^

Those lions were very well hidden lol

I still haven't seen any blurred pics O**

Great that you saw rhinos. It has become almost a rarity :-(
Yes Lis, we were definitely not breaking any records with our leopard or rhino sightings. :no:
Pumbaa wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:42 am Indeed a pity about the missed leopard, Flutterby :twisted:

but must say that you already had a very fruitful morning with the lions and the lovely jackal shots \O \O \O

Not to forget your fantastic rhino shots :ty:
Thanks, Pumbaa, it was a good morning. \O
RogerFraser wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:59 pm \O Great that you saw some Rhino ,we did not see any on our recent trip . Very unusual for the Jackal we always find them quite shy . :-? At least you did see the Leopard yourself even if only briefly -O- .
As Lis said, to see rhino now is a rarity. :-(
Richprins wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:50 pm Big 5 done already, Flutts? :-0 :-0

And rhinos! O/\ O\/

Weird jackal behaviour... -O-

Love the bateleur too! :yes:

And nice to get an early checkin!
Yep, Big 5 done and dusted! O/\

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

We got back to our bungalow and just chucked everything into the car to move across to our new accommodation. This bungalow was much bigger, with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a big kitchen and a large enclosed verandah, but I preferred the previous one which had the river view. :yes: We unpacked quickly and then took a walk to the fence which, to be fair, only took about a minute! ;-) We sat on a bench in the shade and watched the comings and goings.

This buff was enjoying the mud. :-0

Further along the fence there were some ellies...

...and a giraffe.

These hornbills were going mad on my car...pecking at the windows and mirrors. 0-

For our afternoon drive we went back to the weir in the hope of seeing the hyenas or leopard again, but we saw neither and I only took this one pic of a Green-winged Pytilia. :-(

Biyamiti moon

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I love the buffalo lying on his back =O:

The hornbills just want to get inside lol lol I have seen yellow hornbills doing the same thing.

Lots of things to see in the river bed \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

0/* Flutts

How wonderful that you were able to treat yourself - and the Brat - to some Kruger time after all the hectic teaching during the height of Corona. I have to make to do with the North Sea for now when it comes to relaxation and gathering new energy lol

Anyhoo, you definitely didn't lose you mojo on photographing. Generally great quality pix :-0 O:V

How I hate when I have to move within the camp. But then again, Biyamiti is worth it. ^Q^

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Nice buffalo, Flutts! lol

And silly hornbills! 0*\

So the move done too! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

\O Camp looks lovely .What a funny Buffalo .Never seen one upside down before lol

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Simply love to stroll along the fence at Biyamiti \O

Normally there is always something to be seen X#X

Great shot of the Green-winged Pytilia and simply love that wallowing buffalo ^Q^

Thanks Flutterby 0()

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Lisbeth wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:03 am I love the buffalo lying on his back =O:

The hornbills just want to get inside lol lol I have seen yellow hornbills doing the same thing.

Lots of things to see in the river bed \O
Yes, the river bed was very busy. \O
Mel wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:04 am 0/* Flutts

How wonderful that you were able to treat yourself - and the Brat - to some Kruger time after all the hectic teaching during the height of Corona. I have to make to do with the North Sea for now when it comes to relaxation and gathering new energy lol

Anyhoo, you definitely didn't lose you mojo on photographing. Generally great quality pix :-0 O:V

How I hate when I have to move within the camp. But then again, Biyamiti is worth it. ^Q^
It was definitely a treat to be back in the bush again. :yes:
Richprins wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:08 pm Nice buffalo, Flutts! lol

And silly hornbills! 0*\

So the move done too! \O
Yep, easy move. ;-)
RogerFraser wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:43 pm \O Camp looks lovely .What a funny Buffalo .Never seen one upside down before lol
lol \O
Pumbaa wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:46 pm Simply love to stroll along the fence at Biyamiti \O

Normally there is always something to be seen X#X

Great shot of the Green-winged Pytilia and simply love that wallowing buffalo ^Q^

Thanks Flutterby 0()
Thanks Pumbaa. \O

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

The next morning we were up and packed early for our move to Satara, and sneaked out of camp at 5.30. ;-) We were going via the weir, up the H3, H4-1 and H1-2. The weather had changed during the night, and it was cold and the wind was howling. We saw some ellies, waterbuck, giraffe and zebra on the way up, but it was generally very quiet. :-(

Martial Eagle

Klippies near the Kruger Tablets.

Mazithi and Kumana were both almost completely dry. :-( While stopped at Kumana, someone stopped next to us and told us about a lion on the S125 not far from the main road so we decided to take a look. They said there weren't any other cars there but that he was easy to find, and he was. :-0

Some buffs started heading in his direction and he soon disappeared so we got back onto the tar.

Due to the lack of any major sightings, it was still much too early to check in at Satara, so we decided to check out the wild dog den on the H6 that we'd been told about at Biyamiti. We were very happy to see that the dogs were still around. :-0 :-0

There were 4 lying under a tree and one was wandering around further back, but we didn't see any pups.

They soon fell asleep in a huddle so we left them to it and made our way to Satara.

A Brown Snake-eagle...I think. :-?

We were still a bit early, so we had a drink on the verandah before moving into our perimeter bungalow...the first time we've ever stayed in one of these. The bungalow was nothing fancy but it was lovely to be so close to the fence. :yes:

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”