Remember remember to do some work in September .

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Remember remember to do some work in September .

Post by Richprins »

What grand luck again, Rog! ^Q^ ^Q^

What road was that? ..0..

Nice vids! :ty:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Lisbeth wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:18 pm The hyena cubs are very cute [Luv]
:yes: we actually quite enjoy Hyena sightings many people just ignore them .
Richprins wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:29 pm What grand luck again, Rog! ^Q^ ^Q^

What road was that? ..0..

Nice vids! :ty:
:ty: it is along the H7 between Orpen and Satara

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

At the scene of the Crime on the H7 the Predators had moved off and the scavengers had moved in . It was a field day for us to watch the Hyenas ,Jackals and Vultures scattered all over either eating or resting .We have lots of photos and videos of the scene .

This fellow came strolling by with its prize possession

We decided to leave the scene and head to Nsemani dam .At the dam we found some Fish eagle parents with a very demanding Juvenile chasing them around wanting to be fed .

We carried on to Satara for a break .

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Wow interesting fish eagle sighting, Roger :-0

and on top another leopard and also love the hyena pups - Also fantastic shots from the hyenas as well as jackal at the kill ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

There is one "very" pregnant hyena lady in the crowd ;-) It seems that the poor little jackal didn't get much to eat :-(

A very bossy fish eagle chick. It's time that it starts working for the food lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Just saw those wonderful tiny, big bellies sweet hyena puppies. Oh my gosh, so cute! [Luv]

I would not have recognized that one of the raptors is a juvvie fish eagle :shock: I thought it was some sort of funny looking vulture 0*\ lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

It is always amazing watching a kill being demolished! \O

And the fish eagle interaction is nice, Rog! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Pumbaa wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:44 pm Wow interesting fish eagle sighting, Roger :-0

and on top another leopard and also love the hyena pups - Also fantastic shots from the hyenas as well as jackal at the kill ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^
Thanks Pumba it was a very easy sighting and taking photos with the kill ;-)
Lisbeth wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:13 am There is one "very" pregnant hyena lady in the crowd ;-) It seems that the poor little jackal didn't get much to eat :-(

A very bossy fish eagle chick. It's time that it starts working for the food lol
:yes: a very fat Hyena .The Jackal was sniping in and grabbing where it could . It was a very demanding youngster lol
Mel wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:30 am Just saw those wonderful tiny, big bellies sweet hyena puppies. Oh my gosh, so cute! [Luv]

I would not have recognized that one of the raptors is a juvvie fish eagle :shock: I thought it was some sort of funny looking vulture 0*\ lol
lol yes us either it was just that it kept chasing them around and some more pics of it coming up on the return trip . ;-)
Richprins wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:11 pm It is always amazing watching a kill being demolished! \O

And the fish eagle interaction is nice, Rog! X#X
:yes: Was amazing to see that over the few days we were there the whole Buff carcass was cleaned up

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

So turning left onto the H1-4 towards Satara for our stop we found a few cars stopped what could they be watching . Oh look more Lions about 200m from the Satara turnoff .

They really did not look energetic at first

So we went to Satara and came back and found they had started to move around a little but it was at the far end of our camera equipments capability

We had been focusing on the Lionesses when suddenly a big male seemed to just materialize in the grass out of nowhere and wondered off into the grass again .Amazing that such a big animal could be unseen in the grass .All we got was a good shot of the bush he went behind but yo ucan kind of make him out

We turned back towards Nesemani to head back down the road and found a few cars going back and forwards and doing U-Turns .Pulled up and they told us a Leopard just crossed the road . We then saw the top of a Leopard moving through the grass and disappearing into a drainage area.

Arriving back at the Dam we found one of the Fish Eagle parents had landed close to the road .

And the other one had given in to the youngsters calls and was feeding it .

We carried on with our drive .

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Great capture of the fish eagle... the one one the branch and also the chick feeding one ^Q^

Lions and leopard - very lucky ^Q^

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”