2020 - Summer At Hazyview

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: 2020 - Summer At Hazyview

Post by Mel »

Even without the sofa, your dwellings look nice :-0

Do the chicks leave you fresh eggs too? lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The eggs are for free, I just have to ask for them \O

It's not for the sofa in itself, it is a more practical problem: it could be used If someone wants to sleep over O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Looks nice Lis. Enjoy! \O

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Time for a visit to the park! After all that's why I came in the first place ;-)

The place was deserted, not even a bird was to be heard. I thought that I might have got the wrong address, but there were lots of lovely trees and tall grass around :-?

After quite a piece down the S3 I spotted a black spot in a tree which I discovered later to be a plum-coloured starling
IMG_4553.JPG
IMG_4553.JPG (101.54 KiB) Viewed 315 times
What do we call the very bad pics, a proof pic? lol

There are lots of these lovely bushes covered with red flowers, the Natal Flame Bush.
IMG_4554.JPG
The ice was broken and from time to time something living turned up. A zebra foal with a piece of mom
IMG_4557.JPG
A yellow-billed hornbill in a funny position (proof shot O** )
IMG_4558.JPG
I think that this pretty raptor is a common buzzard
IMG_4559.JPG
If you are short of material also a Cape glossy starling can be used to fill in ;-)

IMG_4563.JPG
If I don't error this must be the Shabeni hill. It looks different depending on the angle you see it from.
IMG_4561.JPG
and finally after hours and hours...at least one....an impala O/\ O/\
IMG_4564.JPG

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Actually I wanted to go to RP's favourite dam, the Mestel dam, and find an animal there as RP has only seen it empty, but it was starting to get seriously hot and I needed two things, one of which was a cold something to drink, so I headed down the S7 towards Pretoriuskop.

Suddenly I saw a waterbuck at the side of the road. He did not move a muscle but was very handsome so we made acquaintance and I took a photo of him.
IMG_4569.JPG
A modern wooden sculpture
IMG_4567.JPG
The most common sight of the day was elephant dung, one pile after the other, hundreds, but I only saw ONE elephant and not even very well. I am sure that I'll make up for it another day.

IMG_4570.JPG
IMG_4572.JPG
At the turnoff to one of the loops just before Pretoriuskop I arrived at the scene of a crime and there was no doubt whatsoever in my mind, who the culprit was
IMG_4577.JPG
At the Camp I did what I had to do and even had an espresso at the coffee shop/food place before heading off. It was too hot to do anything else. At the exit I noticed this poster

IMG_4583.JPG

I know that I am a cynic and I do wonder if SANParks will be able to carry through with this optimistic plan. The great idea is not enough, there are a lot of people involved who must be convinced to do this thing and do it properly. There is this big metal container (bin) divided in two, on one side is written "Recyclables" and on the other side "Non-recyclables". Now my question is: "What is the % of people who know what is recyclable and what not?" We will see!

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The Fayi loop seemed the best option as the other one was blocked by we know who :twisted:
IMG_4579.JPG
Very much like one of RP's pics from not long ago, only prettier ;-) --00--

Another waterbuck
IMG_4580 (2).JPG
Scenery

IMG_4582.JPG

Next stop was Shitlhaven where a fish-eagle was trying to eat something which looked complicated
IMG_4588.JPG
IMG_4590.JPG
IMG_4587.JPG
IMG_4591 (2).JPG
IMG_4593.JPG
IMG_4585.JPG

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Great Fishing Eagle sighting, Lis!👍

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Very nice, Lis! :-0

Elephant roadblock without elephant! lol

Pretty and green everywhere, and a nice buzzard there! \O

And lovely kill! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

IMG_4595.JPG
In the meantime a herd of impalas had approached and walked along the beach in order to find the best place for a picnic
IMG_4599 (2).JPG
IMG_4600.JPG
IMG_4603 (2).JPG

The fish-eagle had finished the meal and had gone to the ablutions to do what eagles do in this situation -O-
IMG_4605.JPG
IMG_4606.JPG
IMG_4609.JPG
It was time to continue, close the windows and switch on the aircon <hot>

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Last year there were an enormous amount of rollers, but at least for today I only saw three of them :-? You have to take what the place offers ;-)
IMG_4613.JPG
IMG_4615.JPG
Usually, the birds are not missing, but on this day and place it was not the case, so let's stick to the zebras :O^
IMG_4617.JPG
IMG_4618.JPG
IMG_4621.JPG

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”