No
35%
Yes
61%
Don't know
4%

Total votes: 23

Flutterby

Re: POLL: "Is it suitable for visitors to enter a restaurant in Sanparks barefoot?"

Post by Flutterby »

I agree with you there harry, ;-) but I do think it's wrong to go into a restaurant without shoes on....anywhere in the world. --00--

A couple of months ago I saw someone walking around OR Tambo without shoes on!! :-?

RobertT

Re: POLL: "Is it suitable for visitors to enter a restaurant in Sanparks barefoot?"

Post by RobertT »

harrys wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:47 pm
Richprins wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:58 pm It is a common rule overseas - No Shirt-No shoes-No service! :yes:

And what must foreigners then think if it is allowed here? :-(
This is NOT overseas, this IS South Africa.....why do people always think we must be/do like other country's :evil:
Anyway I'd rather braai and make my own food when in KNP \O X#X
Exactly, why come to a different country to experience the different cultures and then want it to fit in with your ideals at home?

What is the difference between having a plakkie on or bare foot?

You can see the Europeans, they wear sandals and socks. 0*\ 0*\ Yet we who go barefoot as it is pretty natural are uneducated? 0- =O: =O:
Everybody climbs on the organic bus and wants to keep and experience nature as close to its natural element as possible, yet going barefoot is frowned upon? 0- 0-

RobertT

Re: "Is it suitable for visitors to enter a restaurant in Sanparks barefoot?"

Post by RobertT »

Richprins wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:19 am Totally unacceptable! :X:
RP, we have seen your feet and will make an exception in your case. ;-) O** O** =O: =O: 0/0

harrys

Re: "Is it suitable for visitors to enter a restaurant in Sanparks barefoot?"

Post by harrys »

RobertT wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:04 pm
Richprins wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:19 am Totally unacceptable! :X:
RP, we have seen your feet and will make an exception in your case. ;-) O** O** =O: =O: 0/0
=O: =O: =O:

KNP: May be one day again??
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

It is symbolic and a sign of respect and civilisation! A plakkie or sandal is fine! \O :yes:

Harry, if someone is barefoot they automatically assume they are Afrikaners, that is another problem. :evil:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Robert, my feet are strong and beautiful. You are thinking of Alf's feet! :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Here we are talking strictly about personal opinions and not what you can do or not.

It was supposed to be a fun topic, not a serious one O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

First they walk around without shoes, next thing you know they are without shirts! O** :O^

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

:yes: --00--

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Dindingwe

Post by Dindingwe »

No ti is not suitable, in my opinion. And it is dangerous to walk around barefoot with all the snakes and scorpions...

When I see people barefoot in the Kruger, I don't think they are Afrikaners but rather European tourists wishing to appear cool and in connection with nature (except little blond children).

Return to “South African National Parks in General”