Elephant attack on vehicle

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
Dzombo

Re: alleged elephant attack on vehicle

Post by Dzombo »

This puts some perspective on the issue?

http://m.news24.com/news24/MyNews24/The ... k-20140117

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Finally something that I can agree with and very well written too \O

Thank you Dzombo O0

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Very well-written! Thanks, Dzombo! \O

I don't agree with all that is said there, but good points are made.I don't think all that many people here want the tourists punished, but that does come out in comments on social media.

This is an interesting new angle, though: We can do away with self-driving in the Kruger Park.

:-? :-? :-?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

All fair and well with that script, Dzombo. My suggestion however, is to have SP do more to educate the idiots that enter the park. Make everyone sit through a induction video, using footage like this incident. Yes, it will be a pain in the butt, but if they are serious about controlling guests it would be a good start. They could even have the video online, on their booking system. Watch the video, answer a few questions, then only will your booking be approved. They need to show that they are serious! \O

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Sprocky wrote: They could even have the video online, on their booking system. Watch the video, answer a few questions, then only will your booking be approved. They need to show that they are serious! \O
Excellent! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

And those who know how to behave, do they have to watch the video too? They had made a video of the kind a few years back and it was ridiculous.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Lisbeth wrote:And those who know how to behave, do they have to watch the video too?
I say YES, but should they implement this idea, I'm sure they will be able to recognise an idiot from a mile off and make sure they watch it. O**
Lisbeth wrote:They had made a video of the kind a few years back and it was ridiculous.
Any better ideas???

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Unfortunately not, but I am afraid that it will not change anything.......on the other hand it will not harm, but not everybody book online -O-

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

They show videos permanently at reception in Kruger, on the new screens? Why not add that to the reel!? \O

RobertT

Post by RobertT »

All depends on whether it is ignorance or bravado that is driving the moment. Think this last one the Boykie was trying to show off to his bokkie just how good in the wild he is.

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”