Browns in Kruger July 2016

stefan9

Re: Browns in Kruger July 2016

Post by stefan9 »

Very nice pics. Lovely leopard.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Simply unbelievable! :shock: :-? That leopard looks like our kitten trying to get down from a tree! =O:

Your neighbours sound like a nightmare!! O-/ Just thinking...you have all the luck with cats but no luck with noisy neighbours....which would you rather have?? :twisted:

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Mel wrote:Pfff... I think, I should stop dropping in here. I feel a depression coming... looking at all those leopards :shock: :-0
Aren't you lot greedy! ^0^ 4 in a day... incredible :-0 :-0 :-0 ^Q^

As for the neighbours, I just hope they weren't the cause for a major pelican followed by a volcano like eruption in a choice of words later that night. O-/

But generally great stuff here, BC. Your trip was certainly packed with awesome sightings, and you and your family certainly deserved every moment. X#X
Thanks Mel \O

Yip, we have found 4 leopard in a day a couple of times, but more than that twice only (6 & 7), so it was a good day for me. Amazingly I didn't make a scene with the neighbours ;-)

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:This is fantastic again, BC!

Seriously you should post more of a tutorial about finding leopards, i for one would love to know your system? -O-

It is not RP luck, as RP doesn't have close to that luck...maybe it is "reverse icebucket"! ..0.. =O:

Better to crap on your neighbours ASAP, or rather send a female to politely request, which is better...even use kids if they are not drunk yet! (The neighbours, I mean! \O )

:ty:
Reverse ice bucket =O:

The Cow and I loudly discussed the neighbour's kids and the noise and they took the hint \O

Tutorial about finding leopard O** Research/stats/etc and then luck 0: Research is big though. I will write a speech of what works for us when I have time. \O It also has a lot to do with the time of the year, hence density of bush. Our April average = 0.4/day - July = 1.2/day September/October = 1.8/day. This year July was a big "leopard trip" due to the drought, so I'm waiting to see what October brings :-0

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Lisbeth wrote:The leopards are better going up than down, even with a kill :yes:

Decent behavior is becoming rare 0*\ Unfortunately the younger generations have not been brought up with certain standards. You are still young, but I am pleased to see that you understand what " consideration for others" mean ^Q^ ^Q^
My organs are old Lisbeth due to many years of "partying" too hard, hence I feel like a ballie and at 44 I am a ballie =O: I'm massive on consideration for others, however many in Kruger and in society don't 0:

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

stefan9 wrote:Very nice pics. Lovely leopard.
Thanks stefan9 for popping in and for commenting \O

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Flutterby wrote:Simply unbelievable! :shock: :-? That leopard looks like our kitten trying to get down from a tree! =O:

Your neighbours sound like a nightmare!! O-/ Just thinking...you have all the luck with cats but no luck with noisy neighbours....which would you rather have?? :twisted:
Sharp Flutts \O It's the end of our leopard streak for the trip though, well may be 1 more ;-)

I'm big into the peace element while in camp, however I would chose the cats and it's the reason I stay south of Olifants \O

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

14th Lower Sabie

Our neighbours with the rowdy clan were up and about before us, so my plan to wake their kids up, primarily for revenge, was ruined, so we quietly packed the car and left.
The rats were still hassling about the hyena den on the H10, so I agreed to pop in there first and then make a decision on the rest of the morning.

As we crossed the H10 Bridge we spotted 2 nightjars in the middle of the road in front of another car, so I pulled up next to them so that we could also get pics, but then, much to my surprise, an aunty stuck her head out the car window “EXCUSE ME! We are trying to get a sunrise picture!”

This got the Cow going “What about the 2 nightjars in front of your car”, but was ignored and the hand waving for us to reverse continued, so I politely reversed.

They took their pic and then pulled off in a huff totally ignoring the nightjars that fortunately flew off before getting flattened. I was shocked as the sun rises every day, but one doesn’t have 2 nightjars in front of your car every day.

There was only 1 hyena parking off at the den 5km down the H10 and it was still early so it was a mission to get a pic with our cameras even at close range, so we turned and headed back towards the H10 Bridge.

We were nearly at the H10 Bridge when we spotted a familiar car and Robert who wanted to know what we were up to and I wasn’t sure yet, but was toying with the idea of the S28. Robert then said they were continuing up the H10 as it’s the cheetah hot spot.

We continued onto the H10 Bridge and switched off next to the normal locals.

My mind was now playing tricks on me and that fear of missing out was causing an issue.

“I will crack if Robert finds cheetah”

“Stop stressing, it’s just luck”

“I’m sick of the H4-1 chaos and we will hit the day visitor traffic big time on the S28”

“What do you want to do then, just make up your mind?”

“Turn and follow Robert”

The H10 produced a few of the normal locals but after around 25km we were at Nkumbe view site and still couldn’t find Robert, so stress was building.

We were nearly at Tshokwane, so decided to continue on for a loo break and then after a few negotiations decided to check out Mazithi Dam and then Orpen Dam on our way back.

A lioness was still on the old buffalo kill and a few other lion were moving around, but it was a case of “same old thing” so we turned and headed back towards Orpen Dam stopping for a few animals on the way.

At the new little loop just north of Tshokwane we spotted a familiar car, it was Heksie and her mom, so we cruised over for a chat.

Heksie had found one of my favourites while up at Tsendze so I was jealous and we found out that they will be staying at Lower Sabie in October while we are there, therefore planned a future social.

Heksie was on a mission for leopard, like me, so we shared some advice and moved on.

As we pulled out of the little loop a BBJ made an appearance, but it seemed to be on Olympic training, so it was a mission keeping up to get pics.

To be continued

Puff Addy

Post by Puff Addy »

How dare you get in the way of what was probably the most original sunrise photo in the history of humanity! lol

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Rather a sunrise than two night jars 0- 0*\

Such a nice squirrel O/\ O/\ lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”