Controversial rezoning approved?

Information & Discussion on Re-zoning of Kruger
Poplap

Re: Controversial rezoning approved

Post by Poplap »

Not only are our beloved rhinos, elephants, yellow wood forests, abalone and what else slowly but surely destroyed and mutilated by mankind -
Mankind is slowly but surely actively mutilating our beloved Kruger!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: O/ O/ O/

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Sanparks' Zonation Plan - Mon Feb 20, 2012

Post by Mel »

Richprins wrote:Confirmed recently that the hotel scoping report and EIA are still on hold pending ministerial approval of the Zonation Plan.
SanParks submitted this to the Minister a while ago. An ex-member also wrote to the Minister two weeks ago requesting clarity on the issue, but there is total silence! O**

Well, the silence is broken now... O/ O/ O/
Last edited by Mel on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

I posted the below on the SPF in February and it got me banned. Lets see who's correct.
I’m not sure if I’m misinterpreting all of this, but I get the impression that this has been purposefully “reassessed” to open the door for future development in other areas.

This possibility and the areas were mentioned by a few mites 18 months ago, which was denied by SANParks and mites were accused of speculation and got in trouble for it. I.e. plans for opening the doors for hotels in other areas. Well, based on this they weren't speculating!!

The 2km buffer zone outside of the park? Does this ensure that only SANParks can develop in that area thereby ensuring all the profit?

Isn’t this ensuring developers, the guys with the bucks, etc, the reassurance that they will have limited competition, thereby giving investors, who are only in it for the money, peace of mind?

I have seen many rapped on the knuckles, accused of trolling, etc for mentioning what is now a reality and since this isn't visible to guests, many won’t even know of the assessments

Poplap

Post by Poplap »

Sad to say, BC, I think you were. O/ O/ O/ O/

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

This is a very sad moment for humankind and South Africans in particular. When a government makes a dicision like this one and explains it in a covert and absolutely not truthful nor complete way, it means that 1. The decision has been taken against the will of an important part of the population. 2. That democracy is on it's way out of the window. This is a very, very sad day indeed.

For my peace of mind I would like to know, if there has been any public discussion on this matter, parlamentary or other?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Poplap

Post by Poplap »

:evil: :evil: :evil: O/ O/ O/

― Albert Einstein
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Sounds rather like the beginning to end to me. I am happy that we are coming this year, because shortly there will be very little left of the Kruger that we know and I feel terribly sad and terribly frustrated....and terribly angry too!!!!!!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

What I don't get about that all is if the responsible people
in government don't understand the scope of what they are doing / approving?
Why is it that there is such an urgent need to overdevelop everything and
spoil the last of the remaining natural wonders of this mostly rotten planet?
Last edited by Mel on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Poplap

Post by Poplap »

Lis and Mel, good questions. O/

― Albert Einstein
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Democracy, hasn’t formed part of the SA “culture” for a few years now IMO and I deal with the “money” decisions daily. It’s very frustrating for me to try and express or highlight this “way of thinking” in SA as many don’t understand that culturally there’s never been a thought for tomorrow.

I hoped that I was wrong, but I don’t think so. -O-

Return to “Proposed Re-zoning, KNP”