Browns in Kruger September 2021

harrys

Re: Browns in Kruger September 2021

Post by harrys »

More Leopards and a Sivet :shock: .....awesome man ^Q^ ^Q^ reading your Tr makes me so :-0 :-0

KNP: May be one day again??
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

WoW Buchcraft,

more leopard and lions and even a civet \O Everything is back to normal when it comes to your sightings O** O** O**

The lion cub is extreme adorable \O \O \O

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

0/* Catching up the TR .

Hope it wasnt my directions that got you lost O** I usually download the maps for offline mode on goggle maps on the phone after I got caught out before ,but also got a separate GPS ..0..

Cant believe how cold it was when you went :shock:

Wow love the Leopard and Lion sightings already ^Q^ O:V

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Too many lions for my taste apart from the last tiny one, but you did manage a few leopards O** A pity that the cubs were not visible :-(

To compensate a nice civet ^Q^ ^Q^
0()

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

harrys wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:40 am More Leopards and a Sivet :shock: .....awesome man ^Q^ ^Q^ reading your Tr makes me so :-0 :-0
We can be rather lucky at times Harry, especially with leopard \O

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Pumbaa wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:29 pm WoW Buchcraft,

more leopard and lions and even a civet \O Everything is back to normal when it comes to your sightings O** O** O**

The lion cub is extreme adorable \O \O \O
lol Yes, it took us a day to find our feet in Kruger again 0:

We get another chance with the cub ;-)

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

RogerFraser wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:42 pm 0/* Catching up the TR .

Hope it wasnt my directions that got you lost O** I usually download the maps for offline mode on goggle maps on the phone after I got caught out before ,but also got a separate GPS ..0..

Cant believe how cold it was when you went :shock:

Wow love the Leopard and Lion sightings already ^Q^ O:V
Howsit Roger 0/*

Your directions never got us lost, but rather the Cow's interpretation of them --00-- It all made sense to me, but it's difficult to drive and check O**

A massive cold front had come through the day before we arrived at Lothair, we never expected it to drop below zero though O-/

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Lisbeth wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:17 am Too many lions for my taste apart from the last tiny one, but you did manage a few leopards O** A pity that the cubs were not visible :-(

To compensate a nice civet ^Q^ ^Q^
0()
I agree, too many lions can get boring and on some trips, if there are too many people, we just continue on

The leopard cubs were too quick for our patience and camera skills.

Civet, when not begging around camp, is always cool \O

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

26th Lower Sabie

We had taken it easy the previous day, so the plan this morning was to head all the way up to the Skukuza Golf Club for breakfast and then slowly make our way back to Lower Sabie.

The Lubyelubye pride were relaxing on rocks, so we stopped for a few pics, however, so did the entire early morning Lower Sabie clan, so we quickly moved on.

1.jpg
1.jpg (154.98 KiB) Viewed 184 times

Our next stop was the hyena den and the older teenager got me laughing with the pose in the morning sun as for some reason he reminded me of a young Eminem, so he got named “Slim Shady”

2.jpg
2.jpg (130.86 KiB) Viewed 184 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (140.37 KiB) Viewed 184 times

We explored the S79 causeway carefully in case the leopard cubs from the previous day were around, but no luck and the rest of the drive to the H12 bridge was rather quiet with only the odd local popping up, so I started stopping for birds, including a Brown Snake Eagle, to gain points with the Cow.

4.jpg
4.jpg (118.22 KiB) Viewed 184 times

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

We parked off on the H12 bridge for 5 minutes just enjoying the views while debating on what to do next and after some negotiation we decided to take the H1-2 route to Skukuza, but it was also quiet, that’s until we hit the Sand River bridge.

“There, what’s on the bridge, LEOAPARD!”

A leopard was cruising down the bridge towards us and there were no other cars in front or behind us, so I knew the sighting had potential.

5.jpg
5.jpg (126.91 KiB) Viewed 184 times

I inched slowly forward and then parked close to the side of the road at the entrance to the bridge, switched off and waited for the leopard to approach.

The leopard continued to approach, so the excitement increased, however it suddenly decided to jump off the bridge and drink some water at the base of the bridge, which was cool, however I could now only see it through the windscreen and couldn’t take pics, but the Cow and Albert still had prefect open visuals from the passenger side of the car.

“I can’t take pics Cow, here’s the camera, take!”

“No, I’m videoing!”

“Stuff the video! @#^I*”

Albert in the back seat behind the Cow was the next option, so cameras got thrown around and I put Albert under pressure to capture pics

“HERE, take, take!”

Albert has a mild interest in photography, so she is up to speed on how to use a camera and to my surprise, she captured some awesome pics, probably better pics than I could have got, so she was entrusted with a few more pics on the trip.

6.jpg
6.jpg (167.75 KiB) Viewed 184 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (168.3 KiB) Viewed 184 times
8.jpg
8.jpg (163.91 KiB) Viewed 184 times

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”