Congestion at Sightings

Information and discussions on congestion in Kruger
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: More Congestion Pics

Post by Richprins »

okie wrote:I am also totally against those Apps . , because not only can they cause congestion , but IMO is probably very much in use by poachers and poaching syndicates . KNP is supposed to be a radio/cellphone/apps- free area , and this can easily be achieved by imposing internet black-outs , thereby obviating congestion as well as reducing poaching :O^
Okie!

That was actually an AW suggestion to Sp and parliament committee a way back, under rhino midden. It won't work as law enforcement needs cell reception more than the poachers, and obviously tourist management re. problems/accidents/reporting stuff etc! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Richprins wrote:You were probably guilty!
No RP, this is not right!! A joke is a joke but this remains
not right!! Please bear in mind for me to say, I write off
the cuff, with intent.!!,.. To be snubbed this way,... O**

Heh,.. H.e
okie

Post by okie »

Richprins wrote:
okie wrote:I am also totally against those Apps . , because not only can they cause congestion , but IMO is probably very much in use by poachers and poaching syndicates . KNP is supposed to be a radio/cellphone/apps- free area , and this can easily be achieved by imposing internet black-outs , thereby obviating congestion as well as reducing poaching :O^
Okie!

That was actually an AW suggestion to Sp and parliament committee a way back, under rhino midden. It won't work as law enforcement needs cell reception more than the poachers, and obviously tourist management re. problems/accidents/reporting stuff etc! \O

You know , I'm quite stupid and ignorant when it comes to computers and modern communications systems , etc . But , on the other hand I am also stupid enough to believe that surely sufficient technology should be available to overcome the problem of the crooks outsmarting the " good guys " all the time O**

Enough is enough
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

It could be that the "good guys" are not doing enough to outsmart "the bad guys" :twisted:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

okie wrote:
You know , I'm quite stupid and ignorant when it comes to computers and modern communications systems , etc . But , on the other hand I am also stupid enough to believe that surely sufficient technology should be available to overcome the problem of the crooks outsmarting the " good guys " all the time O**

Okie, sure it can be done, think the problem is it will go against the constitution. This would be a case of the State a) monitoring and b) censoring, pretty much like what happens in China.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

SP could ask for the cell towers to be closed, but antipoaching decided better not, as per earlier "pro's and cons" predicament! No big subterfuge?

But wrong topic for discussion here! ^0^

Here's the history:

viewtopic.php?f=197&t=2423

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Tent dweller

Post by Tent dweller »

I am TOTALLY against any sort of apps helping to find animals in the park :-? :-? Using an app in the park is like buying a jigsaw puzzle that has already been put together for you, what is the point? 0- 0- , I go to the park because I love the Kruger, I love driving all the roads, absorbing smells, sounds and of course looking for animals. I don't have my cellphone on from the time we enter till the time we exit, I am on holiday I do not want computers, phones, apps etc.... 0' 0'

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I TOTALLY agree with Tent dweller! The whole idea of visiting a wildlife reserve is to find the animals! If not you can just as well go to the Zoo 0*\
And then it is not only animals, it is the atmosphere the scenery and lots a other things.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Well said TD,... \O

Heh,.. H.e
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Agreed! But I don't mind foreigners getting carted off to big 5 sightings...we need them to come back and give us more money! :twisted:

Return to “Congestion in Kruger”