Kruger Day-Visitor Rules During Peak Periods

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Kruger Day-Visitor Rules During Peak Periods

Post by Lisbeth »

This 'press release' seems to get longer every year ;-)

I'll be arriving just on the 14th. Good that I did not book before that :shock: Being in the south is going to be rather different from the peace in the north, I'm afraid O-/

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

@#$ O/ Another new change to the quota system at Crocodile bridge and Malelane is that even after vehicles exit they do no longer allow any new vehicles in to the park as they have every year previously in the afternoons .We fell foul of the new interpretation and watched +/- 50 vehicles leave but the gate guard would not allow us entry so for rest of the trip we just found a way around it as we could not afford to pre-book. Personaly I feel they trying to force pre-booking to make money .. O**

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

It could also be that visitors that want to come in will simply do so once they see any vehicle come out, so maybe prudent? O-/

(The vehicles that come out are not just tourists.)

That is more or less what happened during the "Batlle of Crocodile Bridge" on free entry day last year.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

My logic is that if you have a 300 car quota you let in 300 cars then close the gate .Cars wanting to come in then queue and wait . After 4 hours 50 cars have left and handed in their gate passes you allow 50 new cars in .That is how it worked in previous years . This year during peak days they no longer allowed any vehicles in later on on some evenings leaving at 6.30PM the exit gate was relatively quiet as most cars had already left earlier . O**

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Yes of course, Rog! :yes:

And it could be moneymaking, obviously.

I'm just adding another option for why they do it, possibly. \O
Last edited by Richprins on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

South Africa has another primacy, everybody who has a pinch of power seem to be experts in making simple issues complicated 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”