I will never forget the day some tourist reported slaughter of impi,
at the back end of Skuks,.........

Heh,.. H.e
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Floods Reveal Scandals in KNP Staff Villages

Post by Richprins »

Thanks, Penny! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Pale African

Post by Pale African »

So is anyone going to donate to those who 'have lost everything' when they probably shouldn't have been there in the first place.

It is time for the corruption to stop.

At least the rivers 'clean' out!

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Difficult question, P., now that these allegations are pending.
Who knows whether only the 'right' person will gain from it. -O-

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Toko

Post by Toko »

0/* Pale African, welcome back here -O

It's up to everyone to decide on donations -O-

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Before I donate...close the Border gates into Moz...and 2 use MY Tax money on flood victims instead of NKANDLA...I dont donate to undercover Rhino Poaching syndicates in my Kruger Park

prings

Post by prings »

Shock, Shock. Look who is posting.

The frightening thing about these discoveries, is that the camps that rescues took place in are only the outhouses of the larger camps.
Over recent times I have made comments in reply to some emails from a Kruger Park employee(in regards to poaching media releases) as follows. "When will the crooks within the parks system be caught & treated as murderer's. There is no way that the large numbers like a week ago(20) does not have some involvement from corrupt inside people. Only a fool would believe otherwise".
Funny I never get a reply!!!
:evil: :evil:

iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

Hey prings, great to see you here. Sadly your words are so true. We will have to see how this story unfolds and at this stage, without a response from SanParks management, we can assume that the problem is more than just a drop in the ocean.

We are continually told that so much technology, the army, the police, private agencies and SP staff have joined the fight against Rhino poaching, but the rate of slaughter continues unabated. No wonder if SanParks themselves are harboring the poachers.
If this situation is proved correct, Mabunda and his cronies must be fired.

Man was placed in charge and given the duty of caring for all creation, are we doing it?
mikef

Post by mikef »

Richprins wrote:During the excellent work done by various agencies in evacuating both tourists and staff from various camps or compounds during the recent floods in Kruger National Park, some shocking discoveries were made.

Illegal tenants inhabiting certain staff accommodations, including Mozambiquan nationals.

Rhino horn and related poaching equipment.

Other forms of contraband.

Kruger has refused to comment on the matter, stating that as rhino poaching is involved, all queries will be handled by the Department of Environmental Affairs.

Police queried gave the same answer.

My question is this: Why should the presence of illegal aliens in a Parastatal housing complex have to be addressed by the DEA?
Seems as if SP is going to deny everything - extract from an open letter posted on the SP forum - interestingly I do not see any info on this issue on the OSCAP website

First of all it is important to unmask these supposed “sources”, which from the information we have, seem to be some uninformed mischievous individuals whom a person of Thompson’s responsibility should be discerning enough not to rely on. There are official and informed sources that she could have used to verify this information. Also to claim that anyone was contacted at SANParks and refused to comment is an out and out blue lie. We invite Thompson to publicly produce tangible evidence to support this claim by no later than end of business today.

For one thing, no illegal tenants were found in Shingwedzi during the evacuations and SANParks has a list of all people that were rescued. Further, it would be of benefit to Thompson to acquaint herself with operations in the park before making scurrilous statements, because families that live in the park cannot be labeled as illegal tenants, or even their relatives who reside with them. We would like to invite Thompson to produce a list of these so called illegal tenants or inform the law enforcement agencies before making a song and dance in social media.

Further we would like to refute the dangerous and irresponsible lie made by Thompson in the same announcement which alleges that poaching equipment was found in staff quarters. Once again we invite Thompson to produce evidence to this effect to the police.

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Duck and dive as per usual

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”