^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: The red-billed queleas had been unleashed

Post by Mel »

Oh, what a wonderful day! Lots of great sightings. Actually ALL of them!!! O\/

And just saw that I missed the previous episode with the Sharpe's grysbok... Very special that one :-0

(Btw, where are those two weeks in Kruger... Terrible how time flies by... Hope I can press "pause"
next week when we are back in the KTP :twisted: )

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Love especially the falcon in flight, Pumbaa! ^Q^

Ja, that S-69 is often forgotten. :yes:

Hope the elephants were eating those weeds...but I suppose then they distribute them even further! O/

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

SMASHING leopard pics, love the baboon baby on mom, and the lion "bookends" are adorable O/\

0()

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Great time spent with the lions. :yes:

Lovely pics of the Amurs! \O

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Lisbeth wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:16 pm Lovely amur falcons. The males are very Photogenic ;-)

And one of my little sweethearts O/\ O/\

:ty: Pumbaa!

For us the amur falcons are always a highlight O/\
nan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:07 pm love Amur Falcon... and more in flight \O O/\ O/\
and the pile of Lions lol

plus hippo in the field \O

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^
It is always stunning to spot the hippos outside the water O\/
Mel wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:52 pm Oh, what a wonderful day! Lots of great sightings. Actually ALL of them!!! O\/

And just saw that I missed the previous episode with the Sharpe's grysbok... Very special that one :-0

(Btw, where are those two weeks in Kruger... Terrible how time flies by... Hope I can press "pause"
next week when we are back in the KTP :twisted: )
Totally right, Mel, you do always Count down the days until the trip is starting and in no way same is already over :shock:

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Richprins wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:38 pm Love especially the falcon in flight, Pumbaa! ^Q^

Ja, that S-69 is often forgotten. :yes:

Hope the elephants were eating those weeds...but I suppose then they distribute them even further! O/
We visited that spot again this year and the weeds were all gone - I guess maybe the water in the river wash ashore the seeds :O^
ExFmem wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:46 am SMASHING leopard pics, love the baboon baby on mom, and the lion "bookends" are adorable O/\

0()
Lovely description of the lions \O
Flutterby wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:34 am Great time spent with the lions. :yes:

Lovely pics of the Amurs! \O
Gladly we had luck in photographing that amurs \O

PuMbAa

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Also zebras are for us a regular sighting on that road

and then it was already time to turn into the S50 were we saw in the bushes along that road again a great number of red billed queleas especially fledglings – some were still sitting not far away from their nests and waited that the parents return with some food

here it took us quite a while to carry on as Timon found in nearly each bush another bird we had not photographed so far

but in fact they were extreme cute and the noise level was consequently high too

and the green vegetation in the background was simply too beautiful.

At Mooiplaas waterhole where we always do stop we saw lot of wildebeests accompanying herds of zebras

who did walk in a line

and we even saw a couple of warthogs who in fact were rare sightings this year I suppose due to the high grass.

At the small pond Egyptian goose were around as well as crown plovers.

A short break at Mopani camp is always a must for us especially to walk a bit around with an ice cream in hand and taking a view onto Pioneer dam. We skipped a visit at Shipandani hide this year and instead drove back to Mooiplaas and later on along the S50. At one of the many Nshawu waterholes masses of zebras were around

PuMbAa

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

and we simply had a great time in seeing fighting ones,

moms with their youngsters

or others simply enjoying life

and although we already saw that many zebras during our stays they are always stunning to observe and photograph.

To Timon’s joy we came across more amur falcons,

more zebras and then we had to stop for a huge elephant bull with extreme large and thick tusks

and although we always do travel as the only car in the area at least it always felt so soon a traffic jam had build up

and all wanted to have a look onto that impressive elephant.

Meanwhile we got a bit concerned as we were sandwiched between so many other cars and neither could move forward nor backwards but our concern was unfounded as he was

a quite relaxed and calm specimen so we could calm down a bit and took a lot of photographs until same walked off on the other side of the road and soon disappeared between the thick mopane vegetation.

At the turn off with the S143 we discovered a majestic martial eagle in a tree staring at us

and for sure a visit to Tihongonyeni waterhole is always a must do when in Kruger and so we drove that detour although we later on wanted to continue on the S50. We discovered another noisy black bellied bustard

to be continued.....

PuMbAa

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

That ellie has very impressive tusks. \O

Lovely pics all round. ;-)

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”