KALAHARI CAPTURES - Sept./Oct. 2019

Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Re: KALAHARI CAPTURES - Sept./Oct. 2019

Post by Klipspringer »

These gemsbok are just boys lol

Amazing lacewings in the other episode and you have them always mating, how do you do that?

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Always appreciate all your comments Sis, Mel (yes, Botshelo was way too close for my camera at the end, hence some of his parts got "amputated" lol ), Alf, harrys (my spellcheck always corrects your name to "harries", I see I didn't catch it last time :o0ps: ), Flutts, Rp, Pumbaa, and Klippie (as for the mating lacewings - seems the ones at Uri's honeymoon tent are taking the name to heart. I have definitely experienced much more mating here than elsewhere, and that goes for the Lacewings too ;-) ).

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

During our stay at Uri, we did manage to spend some time with one more group of cheetahs that we hadn't encountered on this trip to date. We had previously seen Corinne, KijKij June Mates, Hanri, Liat, and a couple of unidentifiable individuals. :-0

More lions,

a Steenbok,

and more LBRs rounded out the day's sightings.

After our stay at Urikaruus, we moved to TweeR for one last night.

The drive to TweeR would be our last chance for sightings before I dismantled my cameras and packed them away for the LONG trek home.

This is the one and only snake we saw this trip - usually there are many, many sightings of different species.

I have seen other species of animals chewing on bones, but this is the first gemsbok I've witnessed doing so.

Our last lion, of many, on the trip:

Maybe a new steenbok lamb in the near future?

I'll close with one of the Kalahari's icons:

Though it had been a quiet trip, comparatively, we always appreciate the things we DO see, as well as the ambiance of the great outdoors, away from Life's hustle and bustle. :yes:

We left TweeR around 8AM 10/18 and arrived home at 3PM 10/19. With the time difference subtracted, that's a mere 37 hours later of cars, airplanes, and airport layovers. <zz> <zz> It's certainly a trek...

…however, a mere minute later, I was ready to return to the Kalahari. 0/* 0/*

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Before I forget, remember this https://www.africawild-forum.com/viewto ... 5&start=20 O**

You sure saw most of the cheetahs of the KTP, if not all of them \O

Don't you ever get tired of doing the same roads over and over again? There are so many marvellous places around :-?

I love the steenbok pics ^Q^ ^Q^ and the LBR sequence is even better than the last one :shock: ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous photos and experiences from your favourite spot in SA, sis 0/0

( Not to talk about the Funnies that you share with us and give us the opportunity to have a nice healthy, often needed, laugh :ty: )

See you around \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

I love the steenbokkies, too O:V

It was great fun to experience the Kgalagadi once more through your captures and comments and it's always special.

:ty: , ExFmem

(I have a very exciting ID for you in the pipeline for one of your old KTP gems)

Alf

Post by Alf »

Thanks for sharing this wonderful and amazing trip with us

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Interesting pic of the gemsbok chewing on the bones. \O

Great cheetah sighting! ^Q^

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Fat musketeers!! :-0 \O

Beautiful pics again, Ex.

One day when I grow up I'll try to get a better camera...some really stunning offerings all round.

Thank you once again for a really special tale, always the cherry on the cake! 0/0 :ty: :ty: :ty:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Thanks so much, ExFmem,

fantastic to see that many cats, meercat, gemboks X#X Lots of birdies on top and especially do love the roller shots \O

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

All you diehard loyalists are the cream of the crop here on the AW Forum! You should each stand up and take a bow - what thoughtful people you all are. ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ :ty: :ty:

(ASIDE)…Sis - I already entered my reptile - must have been memorable. O** :-0 No, I don’t get tired of doing the same roads, because Walt Disney sends people out every night to rearrange and change out the animals. ;-) As far as so many interesting places, absolutely! My SO grew tired of me being gone so much of the time, as I travelled extensively before I met him, and in our first years together. O** SA is one place he loves, is familiar with, and so that has been our travel-together agreement. He's well worth it. 0/0 (TMI)

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”