SANParks and the COVID 19 pandemic

Information and Discussions on Management Issues in SANParks
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: SANParks responds to COVID 19 pandemic as it hits closer to home

Post by Richprins »

In my experience as long as you ask for a credit you don't lose anything? (Not that I've done that closer than 30 days to the time.) ..0..

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

That's just the point for Mel, the 30 days!

Mel, you must try the personal touch and tell them how much money you have spent in Sanparks over the last many years and send it to someone up the ladder O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

However, should travellers still be concerned about their vacation plans to SANParks, we would rather encourage visitors to consider postponement to a later stage. SANParks has reviewed its reservations policy to accommodate its valued guests and are happy to announce that all amendments and postponements will not be penalised or charged extra fees (T&Cs apply)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Have they backed away from the "30 days before" policy?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Looks like it! :yes:

(Except for cancellations/refunds)

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Sure! But if you can move your bookings ahead, then at least you have not lost it all \O

Flutterby

Re: Coronavirus cripples Africa’s safari industry

Post by Flutterby »

We can only hope so! -O-

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

SANParks has reviewed its reservations policy to accommodate its valued guests and are happy to announce that all amendments and postponements will not be penalised or charged extra fees (T&Cs apply).I n instances where the traveller may not have a fixed date for the postponed booking, they should contact the call centre at reservations@sanparks.org. Cancellations will however be subjected to the standard cancellation terms and conditions.
I had read this as follows: I'm still allowed to postpone without penalties, but cannot cancel anymore without major financial loss (still 50% at the moment). This is what I asked SanParks for in an email which I sent yesterday night. All of today they were incapable of answering. So I sent yet another one getting a bit more pushy. Next thing is the yellow forum. Normally things get done when publicity is negative :twisted:

I still have the option of selling most of my booking. But I'm not sure how that can work between a Saffie and an international 0*\

Or I cancel and at least get half my money back.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Lisbeth wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:40 am That's just the point for Mel, the 30 days!

Mel, you must try the personal touch and tell them how much money you have spent in Sanparks over the last many years and send it to someone up the ladder O**
Our up the ladder contact has long gone from her position I'm afraid and so is her second in command of whom we held the direct email address too. These days it's dealing with inept people unless you call and demand to speak to someone in charge.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Richprins wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:41 pm However, should travellers still be concerned about their vacation plans to SANParks, we would rather encourage visitors to consider postponement to a later stage. SANParks has reviewed its reservations policy to accommodate its valued guests and are happy to announce that all amendments and postponements will not be penalised or charged extra fees (T&Cs apply)
Oops, I didn't get all the way down the posts before writing mine. But it basically confirms my thinking.

Return to “General Management Issues - SANParks”