The Month Long Betts Couple Camping Safari to Northern Kruger

Pumbaa

Re: The Month Long Betts Couple Camping Safari to Northern Kruger

Post by Pumbaa »

Awesome Peter,

love the shot of the crested guinea fowl - We so never saw them in Kruger :-0 :-0 :-0

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

One morning I let myself out of Tsendze Gate at 06h00 as usual and was going straight to the S50 via S49 to Shawu Windmill 3 where I got early lions 3 mornings in a row before this morning. However upon arriving at Mooiplaas Waterhole I found these 2 male Cheetah >> bellies full of Impala right at the corner road map Monument. They looked so beautiful in pre sunrise light. I stayed for 10 mins with no other people arriving. That night the whole of Tsendze were talking about 2 x far off Cheetah at Mooiplaas at mid morning. Guess I was lucky as they were right next to me and I took this image with a 135 mm lens Full Frame , no crop . Give the Cheetah a click .. The light was superb
Sunrise at Mooiplaas Windmill.jpg

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Pumbaa wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:18 pm Awesome Peter,

love the shot of the crested guinea fowl - We so never saw them in Kruger :-0 :-0 :-0
If you camp at Punda Maria the Crested Guinea Fowl Flock visit twice a day >> something that does NOT happen at Satara or Lower Sabie lol lol =O: =O:

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

I always love going to Crook's Corner despite the Flood devastation to places like the Fever Tree Forest. These Palm trees with Mozambique just behind them are literally the only place in Kruger to see Lemon Breasted Canary in Kruger Park . We were lucky to see a flock of them decending to the ground 100 metres away with our binos .. Far too far to take with my Short 70-200 lens (My longest lens ).. Beautiful place..Click required for the Flat Profile I shoot in.
Crooks Corner.jpg

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

I always get back to camp at about 08h30 after early morning photography. Have a quick cereal breakfast and then out for the morning with Jane. However one morning I arrived back and there was this awesome never seen before Breakfast of 2 x freshly made Pancakes Fried Banana , Bacon Bits, Honey and Home made at home double thick Bulgarian style Yoghurt..Jane loves her home and bush Kitchens and you cant find this item on any Hilton Hotel Menu. Spoilt rotten I am
Breakfast Fit for a King.jpg

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Displaying Nyala Bull.jpg
Click please . It seemed to be Nyala Mating season as many Nyala Bulls I saw were displaying to warn off rival Bulls . Taken along the Magnificent S56 north of Shingwedzi in Gallery Riverine Forest at Sunrise

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

I loved watching these Ellies playing hard in the River in front of Pafuri Picnic Spot
A Pafuri Landscape.jpg
Click Please

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Very pretty palms, big and small \O

The light on the nyala is fabulous and also on the elephants ^Q^ ^Q^ A click really makes a difference :yes:

That breakfast looks absolutely gorgeous and is Image

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
harrys

Post by harrys »

Great sightings and beautiful photos ^Q^

KTP: Twee Rivieren 12 to 13 May
KNP: May be one day again??
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

A few years back I encountered 2 male lions sitting on the right hand side facing the gate as in this pic at Tsendze gate. So gate opening was problematic until they moved off :shock: :shock:

This trip we had animals like the Tssessebe..blocking my way..My Favorite camp by far (Needs a Click)
Tsendze Camp Gate Keeper.jpg

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”