The reason why KNP is fully booked ?

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: The reason why KNP is fully booked ?

Post by Richprins »

If I recall, the Honorary Rangers took over the job of checking permits at campsites for this offence during peak periods? -O-
Last edited by Richprins on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
harrys

Post by harrys »

Richprins wrote:If I recall, the HR's took over the job of checking permits at campsites for this offence during peak periods? -O-
RP you are correct they checked for permits when we where in Kruger in April 12 \O

KTP: Twee Rivieren 12 to 13 May
KNP: May be one day again??
iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

Finally they are forcing people to sign out when exiting the park. It's a pitty it is only happening at a few of the gates. At least this way we may have a tab on who is in the park at any given time, but it needs to happen at each and every gate - all the time. ^Q^

Man was placed in charge and given the duty of caring for all creation, are we doing it?
Penga Ndlovu

Post by Penga Ndlovu »

Richprins wrote:Ja, I also don't quite understand! And I don't even have hair!? :o0ps:
Maybe you should get a facelift and then your beard will on top of your head.
Problem solved.

=O: =O: =O: =O:

"Longing for the bush is a luxury many have.
Living in the bush is a luxury that only a few have"
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

leachy wrote::-) :-) :-) :-)

richprins.

allow me to interrupt your kissing session to try and explain.

taxis and other vehicles may not use the park as a shortcut to the border posts, they must have booked accommodation, which they do.... but do not utilize this accommodation but merely still use the park as a through road.

as a result availability becomes very scarce because the transit travelers are booking the accommodation.

they create a scarcity of available camp sites for the normal visitor who wants to book in advance to actually stay in the park

0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\
Have been watching the availability on Sanparks site for last 3 months, specifically camping in Letaba, Shingwedzi, Tsendze a little. Normally when final deposit is to be paid some sites open up, this year not. Think this is due to transit people, would love to be in Letaba, camp area will be fully booked but empty. \O

mouseinthehouse

Post by mouseinthehouse »

So obviously no checks are made of booking dates at the border post. If it was enforced that people actually stay those night/s then the whole thoroughfare deterrence system might work in the way intended O/

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

The "final deposit" date system has changed since previous years, Rob, if I do not err?

All payments must be in a bit sooner!

Personally I don't think they were ever really serious about this compulsory overnighting as far as Moz nationals are concerned! :twisted:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Final deposit is 2 months before, was checking then too, but nothing was opening. I could of got Lower Sabie, Satara, Balule, but nothing for Letaba or Shingwedzi. :-?

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Well, one also has to factor in the SA-Moz tourists, who use Giriyondo to get to points a bit north of Maputo over Dec. school holidays?

But ja, a taxi will pay the pittance for a base-rate campsite with a smile! It saves hundreds of kilometres and waiting-time compared to going the Komatipoort route! :-)

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Have you seen this you can book 16 months in advance, but looks like you will pay more for the unit, Mass booking by travel agents

http://www.safarinow.com/go/SataraCamp/

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”