Browns in Kruger October 2022

Bushcraft

Re: Browns in Kruger October 2022

Post by Bushcraft »

PJL wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:23 pm Just caught up on your report BC - you guys had some great sightings ^Q^ ^Q^

We’ve just returned from Kruger and I’ll be interested to hear how your trip goes later this year. For us the H4-1 felt very “different”. No major traffic jams as the regular cat sightings seemed to be missing. Maybe it was just an unlucky few days, but many others were saying the same thing - perhaps the flood and reconstruction work has moved animals away for a bit -O-

You sure had luck with the dogs… we always find it a bit of a battle to find them in the July hols
Howsit PJL 0/*

Thanks for catching up, I know it's a mission nowadays as life is fast paced X#X

I find the H4-1 unproductive sighting wise for around 8 months of the year, bush too thick and water elsewhere, but it normally works for us from August to November. I also found it quieter than normal during this trip, last year October, which is when it's usually firing :-?
I heard from others that it's been particularly quiet lately and I was also wondering if the construction work had caused this :shock:

We find April the best time for dog sightings, they seem to pop up everywhere and have had them mating a few times. We also have battled historically from around mid/end May until September to find them (denning) and then they are mobile with the juniors from mid September and sightings pick up again. -O-

Shot for checking this out X#X

Bushcraft

Re: Browns in Kruger October 2022

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:03 pm Very interesting last episode, Bushy!

The mohawk lions always looka bit silly lol

Lovely to see rhino with horns! ^Q^

The kids have grown into lovely young ladies, well done!

Thanks so much for the report, BC, it is always such a treat! Maybe we can link up his year?

X#X :ty:
The kids will check this TT out, so their teeth will hang out X#X I'm not sure about the "well done" though, that praise I will pass on to the Cow \O

We are trying to plan an October trip, but the #$%&^ school and varsity haven't released the matric trail exam dates or the varsity calendar yet which for my personality is a meltdown moment =O: O/ We are definitely fitting a trip in this year though, so I will let you know the dates once I have them and we can see from there X#X

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”