Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Discussions on KTP of a General Nature
User avatar
Mel
Global Moderator
Posts: 32623
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:31 pm
Country: Germany
Location: Wolfsburg, Germany

Re: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Post by Mel » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Peter Betts wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:09 pm
Alf wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:38 pm
Peter Betts wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:13 pm
Go to Rooiputs ...Kids under 12 allowed (Bots side ) Real Wilderness feel unlike Grootkolk etc on SA side
I don't own any camping equipment :O^
Try the Rooiputs Lodge
Quite expensive that one :-?
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

User avatar
Mel
Global Moderator
Posts: 32623
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:31 pm
Country: Germany
Location: Wolfsburg, Germany

Re: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Post by Mel » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:37 pm

Lisbeth wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:57 pm
Of the three Mata Mata is the best.

Of course if you ask Mel, Ex or Nan, they will not have my opinion O**

I am afraid that the kids will be bored.
True. I would go to Nossob. More action at the waterhole O**
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

User avatar
Alf
Committee Member
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:40 pm
Country: south africa
Location: centurion

Re: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Post by Alf » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:56 pm

Mel wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:37 pm
Lisbeth wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:57 pm
Of the three Mata Mata is the best.

Of course if you ask Mel, Ex or Nan, they will not have my opinion O**

I am afraid that the kids will be bored.
True. I would go to Nossob. More action at the waterhole O**
Some people say Nossob is too busy O**
Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................

User avatar
Mel
Global Moderator
Posts: 32623
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:31 pm
Country: Germany
Location: Wolfsburg, Germany

Re: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Post by Mel » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:12 pm

I can't be certain, but I think you might find it okay, mainly staying in Kruger otherwise.

Busy they all are.

But Nossob's got the advantage of offering two roads to drive, so morning traffic splits up a bit,
while driving out from Mata, you only got one choice. Plus, KTC is only 4 km away and if there
is something in the road that they found first you'll head into a major road block from which
it'll be hard to get away.

Also, over our at least last two (says the SO, I say it was even three) trip the area up north was generally
rather quiet game wise. True, you'll find interesting things there if you're lucky, but chances are better
around Nossob, methinks.

Maybe do something like 2 nights Twee, 3 Nossob, 2 Mata (or 1 Twee, 3 Nossob, 2 Mata, 1 Twee for easier
access and departure) when you are planning to stay for a week.
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

User avatar
nan
Posts: 35078
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 9:41 pm
Country: Switzerland
Location: Central Europe

Re: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Post by nan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:12 pm

Mel wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:12 pm
I can't be certain, but I think you might find it okay, mainly staying in Kruger otherwise.

Busy they all are.

But Nossob's got the advantage of offering two roads to drive, so morning traffic splits up a bit,
while driving out from Mata, you only got one choice. Plus, KTC is only 4 km away and if there
is something in the road that they found first you'll head into a major road block from which
it'll be hard to get away.

Also, over our at least last two (says the SO, I say it was even three) trip the area up north was generally
rather quiet game wise. True, you'll find interesting things there if you're lucky, but chances are better
around Nossob, methinks.

Maybe do something like 2 nights Twee, 3 Nossob, 2 Mata (or 1 Twee, 3 Nossob, 2 Mata, 1 Twee for easier
access and departure) when you are planning to stay for a week.
agree with Mel \O
Kgalagadi lover… for ever

Peter Betts
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:28 am
Country: RSA

Re: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Post by Peter Betts » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:38 am

Alf wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:56 pm
Mel wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:37 pm
Lisbeth wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:57 pm

Some people say Nossob is too busy O**
In the 1970's to late 1980's we had Nossob to ourselves camping on our 3 week stays in prime April/May time and got highly irritated when another family arrived to stay in the units for a couple of nights . These days ALL SA Camps are busy and chock a block full 365 days of the year

Peter Betts
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:28 am
Country: RSA

Re: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Post by Peter Betts » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:45 am

Mel wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm
Peter Betts wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:09 pm
Alf wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:38 pm
Peter Betts wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:13 pm
Go to Rooiputs ...Kids under 12 allowed (Bots side ) Real Wilderness feel unlike Grootkolk etc on SA side
I don't own any camping equipment :O^
Try the Rooiputs Lodge
Quite expensive that one :-?
Alf your Kids will Love the camping experience ..best investment you can make getting a tent and a gas cooker and sleeping bags to experience Kruger/Kgalagadi etc outside a house which they get at home and you SAVE money !!Pic of us and another family and ourselves deep in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve Botswana listening to distant thunder and much closer lion ...My kids are busy leaving SA in their late 30's but they will never forget the 'Africa Experience' I gave them as kids
Campfire Soles.jpg

User avatar
Richprins
Committee Member
Posts: 76119
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 3:52 pm
Location: NELSPRUIT

Re: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Post by Richprins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:16 am

What is a KTC, Mello? :o0ps:
Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

User avatar
Alf
Committee Member
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:40 pm
Country: south africa
Location: centurion

Re: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Post by Alf » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:24 am

Thanks everyone for the info \O
Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................

User avatar
Mel
Global Moderator
Posts: 32623
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:31 pm
Country: Germany
Location: Wolfsburg, Germany

Re: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Post by Mel » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:41 am

Richprins wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:16 am
What is a KTC, Mello? :o0ps:
Kalahari Tented Camp :-)
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”