Re: Backyard wildlife

Post by Toko »

An extra red-eyed one ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Beautiful and equally beautifully captured, PJL. O:V

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

O:V O:V ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
okie

Post by okie »

BluTuna wrote: Other unusual birds in and around our area include, Woodland Kingfisher, Grey-Headed Bush-Shrike and one of the sparrowhawks (not sure which one). For the past couple of years we have also had Grey Hornbills in the area.

Flutts, you live in the same area as me, why do you switch off when you come home from the bush?

Not surprisingly BT . After all , Johannesburg/ Pretoria is the largest man-made exotic forest in Southern Africa :O^

Enough is enough
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

okie wrote:
BluTuna wrote: Other unusual birds in and around our area include, Woodland Kingfisher, Grey-Headed Bush-Shrike and one of the sparrowhawks (not sure which one). For the past couple of years we have also had Grey Hornbills in the area.

Flutts, you live in the same area as me, why do you switch off when you come home from the bush?

Not surprisingly BT . After all , Johannesburg/ Pretoria is the largest man-made exotic forest in Southern Africa :O^
I've heard that Johannesburg is the most heavily forested city in the world.

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

BluTuna wrote:Flutts, you live in the same area as me, why do you switch off when you come home from the bush?
BT, I'm always on the lookout for birds but we never have seem to have anything new in our garden! -O-

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

More stunning pics! \O
BluTuna wrote:Flutts, try looking up! I often see large birds in the distance - they are usually YBKs but you never know!
^0^ I have seen a few YBK's, but not close enough for pics! ;-)

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

So, stop complaining that you don't see anything from/in your garden ^0^ O**

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Fantastic again ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

But no more spiders O-/ O-/

My camera only comes out when I visit a game park, so the cell phone is my lazy alternative; however there’s not much that I can take pic of with it at home unless I climb trees 0*\

As most spend a large portion of their life at work I decided to use my cell phone camera to photograph a ringneck mother outside the 2nd floor male ablutions.

The problem is that one can only see the mother and junior when standing at the urinal and looking out the window. Taking pics while in this position causes its own problems though and I made a few at the urinal rather upset, so I won’t be taking any more pics unless I’m alone in the loo. =O:

Toko

Post by Toko »

=O: =O: \O

Return to “Birds”