If it's Tuesday it must be Bali

Share your 'non-green' travel tales here.
iNdlovu

Re: If it's Tuesday it must be Bali

Post by iNdlovu »

You're 100% correct nan. The Balanese are special people, we need them to come here and teach us how to behave.

Man was placed in charge and given the duty of caring for all creation, are we doing it?
iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

Thursday 16th

Today is our day off before the conference starts...the whole day to ourselves. Hmmmm, I think I'll just turn over and go back to sleep. There's no rush, breakfast is served until 10:00.

Eventually surfaced at 09:30, a quick shower followed by leisurely breakfast. Thereafter a gentle stroll around the gardens checking out the very different bird life. Sorry, no pics. I found a few palm trees inhabited by a family of squirrels and decided to rest in the shade watching these cute little guys. I'm sure people thought I was nuts as they walked past checking this loony out, chatting to the little critters. But what the heck, we spent about an hour together.

I had more exploring to do, so wondered down to the pool area. Not one pool....about 4 all interlinked by slides and bridges, spread over at least 5 hectares, I had never seen anything like it.
The first pool seemed to be more for kids but then this...

Followed by...
My mates enjoying a cold one, might as well join them. By the way, the pool doesn't cool you off, you just get wet.

After a number of beers we naturally felt invincible and decided to go and check out the beach, which was about 5 feet away from the pool, but first had to stock up with a cooler box of more beers happily provided by a smiling waiter. What a sight..
The little white buildings in the distance in the last pic, mark the site where one of the James Bond movies was filmed. It is now a kind of Bond movie museum where one can sit and watch Bond movies all day if you want. -O- No movie fan me.

Man was placed in charge and given the duty of caring for all creation, are we doing it?
Dewi

Post by Dewi »

Crikey iNdy, you have a hard life. I feel sorry for you. Hope you don't have to suffer this for too long. :shock: O-/ 0= 0= 0= -O -O -O

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
nan

Post by nan »

wow, wow, WOW.... what a pleasure to see all that O/\ ^Q^ O/\ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Toko

Post by Toko »

Lots of coconut palms and lush green trees to provide some shade for a X#X

iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

=O: =O: =O: Somebody must have thought I deserved it Dewi, trouble is, I don't know what for.
Hey remember this was working, I had a Timbi presentation and picture auction to do on Saturday morning O/\ O/\ O/\

Penga Ndlovu

Post by Penga Ndlovu »

Eish Boss.

You really need to learn the Phala stroke.
Maybe you should ask Sproks to teach you next summer.

"Longing for the bush is a luxury many have.
Living in the bush is a luxury that only a few have"
iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

Uh uh PN, don't want to be stroked by any Phalarites, least of all Sprocky =O: =O:

Penga Ndlovu

Post by Penga Ndlovu »

iNdlovu wrote:Uh uh PN, don't want to be stroked by any Phalarites, least of all Sprocky =O: =O:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

=O: =O: =O:

"Longing for the bush is a luxury many have.
Living in the bush is a luxury that only a few have"
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

iNdlovu wrote:Uh uh PN, don't want to be stroked by any Phalarites, least of all Sprocky =O: =O:
Don't worry "ou Bali", not that type of stroking! =O:

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.

Return to “Travel Tales from around the World”