Nikon lense on Canon

Discuss the technical side of photography
harrys

Nikon lense on Canon

Post by harrys »

Hi there, a question for the clever people out there , is there a method to fit a Nikon 170/500 lense on a Canon eos 450D.

Sprocky

Re: Nikon lense on Canon

Post by Sprocky »

Absolutely NOT!!! All of the manufacturers made sure that no competition lenses will fit their camera's.

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

harrys

I'm not sure in the old days before digital you could do it by getting a adapter that could change the fitting on the camara to that of the lens, never tried it but maybe check with the old camara shops not the new young people. I know theirs one in Eastgate JHB.

Maybe google it and see what comes up.

Penga Ndlovu

Post by Penga Ndlovu »

Sprocky wrote:Absolutely NOT!!! All of the manufacturers made sure that no competition lenses will fit their camera's.

IOne must be very careful with a statement like that.

O** O** O** O**

I know that on the old forum there was a chap who apparently changed the backends of lenses so that they could be made to fit any brand of camera body.

"Longing for the bush is a luxury many have.
Living in the bush is a luxury that only a few have"
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Wow... Never say never....

Firstly, ANYTHING (well, almost anything) is possible with enough time, energy and.... yes... money. There are people that are known to have permanently modified lenses to fit on another brand, but I guess that does not answer the question.

I do seem to recall reading somewhere, that there is a connection available to fit (I believe) a Nikon lens to a Canon body, but NOT a Canon lens to a Nikon body. The ability to achieve this is owed to the typical difference in space between the back lens on a Canon lens and the sensor of a canon body, which is shorter than the similar space on the Nikon set-up. I will investigate this claim and report back on any findings within the next 234 months, failing which I will simply get more Grumpy than I already am. //\0----

However, I would suggest that you look for an alternate solution to your dilemma. In my view, the Sigma 170-500 is not the best of lenses around and has been superseded by many other, superior-performing lenses. It would probably be cheaper to get a second-hand Nikon DSLR to fit the lens than it would be to source such a connection...... -O-

OK.. try this URL http://www.16-9.net/nikon_g/ or this one http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... apter.html so it seems as though there is something available.... ^0^

Just be kind - always
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

harrys wrote:Hi there, a question for the clever people out there , is there a method to fit a Nikon 170/500 lense on a Canon eos 450D.

Nikon doesnt make a 170/500 lens only Sigma and its not one of Sigmas best but if you havea Nikon lens just do the right thing and geta Nikon camera..you wont look back

Return to “Technical Photography Discussion Forum”