Ireland in a Gypsy Caravan

Share your 'non-green' travel tales here.
Moggiedog

Ireland in a Gypsy Caravan

Post by Moggiedog »

A life long dream - and it can only happen to South Africans...................in Ireland!

steamtrainfan

Re: Ireland in a Gypsy Caravan

Post by steamtrainfan »

0() -O- 0() -O-

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
nan

Post by nan »

and then 0()

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Moggiedog

Post by Moggiedog »

For many years we had wanted to take a horse drawn caravan round Ireland but for one reason or another it had bee delayed. Finally a decision was made - tickets were booked and we were going. Then the troubles started. Did we go and leave our troubles behind - or did we cancel (once again) - and stay home. Not an easy decision but eventually we decided we would face any issues once we got home. One cannot always place ones life on hold. Either matters would have deteriorated or hopefully have stabilized once the time we got home.
The trip over took longer than expected as the agent had made a mistake in our bookings and we had a long wait in Germany for our connecting flight to Dublin. We had not obtained visas for Germany for various reason, thus we were stuck at the airport for the day. (My only previous memories and experience of Germany were of sleeping on the station after having been thrown off the Orient Express - but that is another story.)
Finally we on the emerald Isles and making our way to the first night stopover in Dublin. Not having packed much I was horrified at how heavy my luggage became as we walked the streets of Dublin trying to find our place of rest for the night. As the day wore on my luggage gained weight at an alarming rate - still we walked, walked and walked some more...

nan

Post by nan »

always the luggages take some kg more... when travelling 0*\ -O

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

Hey don't keep us in suspense like this.
Moggiedog wrote:One cannot always place ones life on hold.
Excellent advice.
Moggiedog wrote:My only previous memories and experience of Germany were of sleeping on the station after having been thrown off the Orient Express - but that is another story.)
Now this is a TT I am sure we would all like to read.

It really bugs me when travel agents make mistakes and then it is too late to rectify. O/ O/ But you guys are so positive and make the best of any situation.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
Moggiedog

Post by Moggiedog »

Nan - that is very true - even if you take no luggage and you walk it seems like your passport starts weighing a ton -O

Steamtrainfan - thanks for the compliments - sometimes the only way to survive is to throw caution to the wind - turn your back on the past and stride into the present :-) Something I had to learn in life the hard way "what is what is" - -O

Dewi

Post by Dewi »

0= 0= 0=

You are in trouble MD. You should have given me a heads up and I would have popped over on the ferry to down a Guinness or three with you. -O

Looking forward to reading of your exploits here. 0()

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Moggiedog

Post by Moggiedog »

Dewi - fortunately I am saved from punishment as this was a few years ago - before the creation of AW - 0/* This is a trip down memory lane! X#X - so will share a cold one with you every so often on this history tour

Dewi

Post by Dewi »

\O X#X

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)

Return to “Travel Tales from around the World”