Post by nan »

magnificent dunes... like the road leading to these \O O/\
and nice birds too ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Flutterby

Re: Namibia - There and Back

Post by Flutterby »

An aardwolf!!! :shock: What a sighting!!! ^Q^ ^Q^ And gorgeous landscapes too!! \O \O

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

That pygmy shot is adorable! O\/

And the landscape shots - indulging, to say the least. What a joy to the eye ^Q^

Aardwolf - very O:V

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
General Gump

Post by General Gump »

Those photos are pulling me to Namibia X#X

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Thanks again to everybody reading....Namibia is a beautiful country General Gump....stay aboard I have plenty to show you...:)

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Day 5
25 May

We were up really bright and early the next morning…really really early. :shock: Why you may ask ?? -O- Well we had to be at the gate at 5.00 am...why ??? -O- -O- Well we were being fetched by Namib Sky Ballon Safaris. Oh yes we had booked to go on a Hot Air Balloon Flight. O\/ O\/ We had a flight booked on our previous trip but due to a horrendous storm that befell us the night before our trip had been cancelled. :evil: We had been so disappointed but as Doug had said there is always another time. This was our reason for travelling up through the south of Namibia. This time we were lucky …the balloon went up. O/\ It was the most fabulous experience ever….a bit scary in the beginning though. I didn’t realise I would have to climb up into the balloon :shock: ..I also didn’t realise that there really is no elegant way of getting out of the balloon after landing either. :shock: Unfortunately we were the only balloon that went up… I was a bit disappointed as I would have enjoyed photographing the other balloons during the flight. Our balloon was designed for 4 people. Luckily we had it to ourselves. And I hate to know who would have been on top of who when we landed..as it is Doug and I were in a heap on our backs with legs straight up in the air…oh well. :O^ I had to laugh when the ground staff popped their heads over the basket and said, “You may get out now Madam” I just burst out laughing….and said …so how do we get out???? Put it this way…I have been in better situations before….. =O:
The awesome flight was followed by the most scrumptious champagne breakfast…A totally amazing experience. We were then driven back to camp by the pilot while the ground staff towed the balloon back. Our adventure was not yet over because the vehicle we were in broke down. Luckily the pilot had a sense of humour when I suggested that maybe he should stick to flying balloons as opposed to driving a 4 x 4. =O: After climbing up onto the second vehicle we eventually got back to camp…well satisfied with the day’s events……

Fairy circles as well as gemsbok and osytriches….:)

Closer shot of a fairy Circle….read here if you would like to know more about the fairy Circles

This was the balloon's landing position that I had to negotiate..we must have looked really funny crawling out of there…. =O: =O:

Yummy breakfast

nan

Post by nan »

fan tas tic... magic like said the mark O/\ O/\ O/\

what marvelous sceneries... and the fairy circles (thanks to wiki... in French ;-) )

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Thx anne-marie ..:)
You would have understood our delicious pilot as well..did I say that ??? O** O** I meant you would have understood our pilot that served us delicious breakfast..because he was French -speaking as well.... \O \O \O

nan

Post by nan »

Michele Nel wrote:Thx anne-marie ..:)
You would have understood our delicious pilot as well..did I say that ??? O** O** I meant you would have understood our pilot that served us delicious breakfast..because he was French -speaking as well.... \O \O \O
and with beautiful blue eyes ;-)

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

nan wrote:
Michele Nel wrote:Thx anne-marie ..:)
and with beautiful blue eyes ;-)
Ha yes...I remember "the blue-eyes" ...... ;-) O**

Return to “Travel Tales of Namibia Parks”