Kgalagadi Cheetah Discussion

Discussions on KTP of a General Nature
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Kgalagadi Cheetah Discussion

Post by Mel »

lol lol lol

But I'm not done yet. So many dates still to add 0*\

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Right... It's report time and I'm procrastinating. Nothing better than to spend that time on the cheetas lol

Since we got lots of data by now, I separated the indices into CURRENT / DECEASED and UNKNOWN STATUS.
I've yet to add quite a few dates for the current sightings, but at least I put in all the names of the cheetahs that are regularly seen.
Some heads-ups:

Hanri's Misty and Miles are both doing well on their own. Misty was seen scenting just the other day. Miles retreated to the Mata area and whereas he's not seen as regularly as Hanri, he always looks good when photographic reports come in.

Lizzie has long ago abandoned her curious family. Lokesh from the first litter and Jos & Sky from the second litter were seen just recently and still doing well. I'm curious to see if Lokesh will still be seen once the girls leave him. And how he'll cope. He must be the eldest cub to ever leave his mother.

Lizzie on the other hand has been on her own for 8 months now and no sign of pregnancy yet.

Catrin has three pretty grown cubs and I'm sure separation is close.

Chaya has just introduced her second litter. But it took her more than a year to get pregnant again. The likely conclusion is that she lost a litter or two in between.

Same goes for Hannah. Firstly, she probably left her first set of cubs to early. Like Hanri did with Margie & Gus. And the cubs were most likely not well equipped to fend for their own already. But Hannah has yet to introduce a new litter - one and a half years later. She also must have lost a litter or two, since she will have been on heat again in the meantime.

Otherwise lots of new names added to the list. Most of those individuals are not necessarily seen as regularly as Hanri or the late Corinne, but often enough to know they are still around.

Since my head is empty now, I'm sure I forgot some things here. But I can always add 0()

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Lisbeth wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:34 pm :shock: ^Q^ ^Q^

Now you must do the "alive" ones :twisted: --00--

Can you do my "family tree", Mel? ;-)
Human family trees are not my thing really, sorry lol

nan

Post by nan »

wow a big thank you Mel.... what a super job you did here ^Q^ [InLuv] 0/0

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
nan

Post by nan »

something wrong at deceased ones : Cora 17/2 by nan.... it seems to me that is not the right link 0/0

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Hmz... it links to the old forum platform. I just don't know why that is. Once I got time again, I'll go through the posts and see if that particular sighting is posted on the thread or not. Some sightings are linked to external pages. In that case, there's not much I can do. But I need to check first. Will take time though because this week is crazy week at school 0*\

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Mel, did you know that Gus Mills became a member of the forum last week? A simple PM and you can most likely get in contact with him -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
nan

Post by nan »

0/0 Mel, take your time please

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Thanks for all your hard work here O0 . MUCH appreciated.

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Pleasure 0/0

And I promise to get back on the KTP waggon soon again. :-0

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”