BT on the trail of the mythical Pangolin

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: BT on the trail of the mythical Pangolin

Post by Richprins »

Nice, BT!

Assume it's the balcony with the old bar counter under the main enclosed restaurant? -O-

Mopanie chops and changes a lot! Please don't say they are still building/thatching the main complex! :-0

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
nan

Post by nan »

no Pangolin yet... but some other interesting... it seems O/\
have a good night and day tomorrow \O

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Toko

Post by Toko »

Sounds great, BluTuna O\/ O\/ O\/

Hope you found some blue damsels 0' and lots of birdies, too 0/0

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Sounds cool BT O/\ O/\

0()

harrys

Post by harrys »

Good sightings so far, can't wait for the photos \O 0()

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

The old Ladies Bar (below the restaurant) hasn't been used for years - I think its position was really bad, the afternoon sun shone straight into the bar and turned it into an oven! The balcony I was referring to is on the same level as the restaurant/bar. There isn't any building work going on in the main complex.

I haven't seen any Damsels yet Toko, but have seen loads of Dragonflies! Had an interesting bird sighting at Tsendze, a Striped Cuckoo chick being raised by a flock of Arrowmarked Babblers! It was trying very hard to make Babbler noises but not really getting it right!

Hi Harry! Glad to hear you are on the mend. I'm not going to attempt to load any pictures while I'm here, the connection is so slow I think it would be faster to send them to Photobucket by carrier pigeon!

It was quite cool BC, but the weather has warmed up in the past couple of days O**

Thanks Nan, we did have a good night but today we did the Red Rocks Road which turned out to be very sparse. Still got my fingers crossed for the Pangolin!

They are now closing the back gate at Shingwedzi 15 minutes (or more) before the main gate closing time. The notice has been up for a couple of years but I've never seen the gate closed before the normal time - until today - it seems they have a new camp manager who had some lame excuse about security and keys. The real reason - of course - is that incoming managers always have to make their presence felt by changing the way things work. We were at the head of a convoy of cars roaring around the dirt roads trying to get to the main gate before they closed it. There were still cars arriving 20 mins after gate closing time!

More tomorrow... connection permitting 0/*

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
nan

Post by nan »

Babbler... Cuckoo... seems to be interesting 0()

0/* good night

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Toko

Post by Toko »

Yeah, a little cuckoo with babbler-parents is super nice ^Q^ I like Dragonflies, too O:V

Enjoy the bush, BluTuna 0/0

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

0/* BluTuna!

I am waiting for the whole show ;-)

0()

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

That lower bar was a bargain in the early days, BT...the sun doesn't set there all year round... ^0^

Still a lovely quiet spot, and one can order drinks delivered there from the top restaurant! \O

They are now closing the back gate at Shingwedzi 15 minutes (or more) before the main gate closing time. The notice has been up for a couple of years but I've never seen the gate closed before the normal time - until today - it seems they have a new camp manager who had some lame excuse about security and keys.

It's the same guy who closes both gates, in my experience...he does that one first, toddles off to close the other one, toddles back to let in latecomers...etc...! If rules are rules, so be it, but few visitors will click this upon arrival! 0*\

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”