Alcohol, Speeding, Littering = Day Visitors

Information & Discussions on Mapungubwe National Park
Lorraine

Re: Alcohol, Speeding, Littering = Day Visitors

Post by Lorraine »

prings wrote:I have just posted this in Northern Parks on SANParks. Lets see the comments now that the third party has become the number one party!!
We will also file an official complaint online and we have been advised to complain to the High Commission in Australia re our complaints.

Lots of complaining

lp

iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

Go for it...pleeeeeease. We need to up the pressure on Sanparks now. In my opinion, they have proved themselves to be underhanded, incompetent and seem not to give a flying fig about the state of our parks.

Bushveld Jock

Post by Bushveld Jock »

Hi Prings,

I read the two threads about Mapungubwe and started to worry if my planned visit over a weekend in October will be pleasant. I'll give some feedback and pics when we return from our trip.

The drawing card for me was the visitor centre, but I read that its still not open. Is it true or will I be able to show my son some info on the history of the park.

By the way I heard about this forum after reading about editing post and censorship on **** forum. Strangely by making such an issue about nothing you actually achieve the opposite.

I've lost a hole thread due to rule #4 and #14. Just make you think what does too much censorship do.

prings

Post by prings »

Hi BJ. You will still enjoy it. When we were there the new(now old) education centre was still not open. However they were installing the exhibits and it is due to open soon. The Mapungubwe info says that it was to open in 2008, but there was a dispute between parties as to the exhibition. Maybe the first exhibit will be a lump of coal.

Bushveld Jock

Post by Bushveld Jock »

prings wrote: Maybe the first exhibit will be a lump of coal.
Will take a photo for you, I agree if I look around here by me with all the coal being mined and how dirty it is, Not a very nice prospect coming

Return to “Mapungubwe National Park”