How the forum is funded

All the information you need to enjoy this forum. (FAQ's & How To's)
ExFmem

Re: How the forum is funded

Post by ExFmem »

Hi Sweetpeas 0/* Don't I sound grandmotherly ;-)

I'd like to contribute to the Forum, as I so enjoy reading it even the days I don't respond to the topics I peruse. Can you get together and give me a list of three to five issues that need funding or continuing contributions? Transferring the $ can be problematic, so please give me ideas/options on that as well.

Luv you all, and a very sincere THANK YOU for all the time and effort you each expend. 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

0/0 0/0 Ex!

Ja, it is tricky...never got $ before! :-?

Do you mean helping pay for the annual forum cost, or projects like the cameras? -O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Thank you so much, sis 0/0 There are only three of us left who pay for the forum and only one with a job ;-)

I have an account in US$, so it should not be too difficult. Our provider is in Switzerland, so I am "the accountant" ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Wherever the money is needed and whatever is easiest for ya'll is fine by me. Can send an eGift card (Amer. Express, Mastercard, etc) by email so I know it went to the correct person, but would be in dollars.) I just don't have experience sending money securely, so whatever is easiest for you is the goal. \O

nan

Post by nan »

0/* just for info, it's mandatory to put # BIC (Business Identifier Code) or SWIFT for payment from USA to Europe \O

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Do you have a PayPal account?

If not, the eGift card sounds like the cheapest way, even if I have no idea what it is.

What about sending one or more notes in a letter? --00--

I suppose that a bank transfer is the most expensive -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Lisbeth wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:55 am Do you have a PayPal account?

No, I do not.

If not, the eGift card sounds like the cheapest way, even if I have no idea what it is.

I PREPAY Visa, MC, Amex. etc for a gift card that the Forum can then use to pay bills, etc IF that company accepts that credit card, like any GiftCard. Does the Forum have bills that can be paid like that? It's sent via email to you or whomever and you submit the payment to whatever company. It doesn't have to be all used at the same time...can pay some to this company, some to that at a later date, etc.

What about sending one or more notes in a letter? --00--

Don't really want to send checks, cash thru the mail, as they can obviously be stolen. Would consider giving one of you my CC info. to pay a bill, but not my first choice for obvious reasons (non-encrypted, easily hacked, etc).

I suppose that a bank transfer is the most expensive -O-

Don't know anything about bank transfers, but if it's easyish, will be willing.

Can you give me some idea of monthly costs, or a larger expense than just a monthly bill, so I would have a better idea what is needed? If that's not info you want to make public, I understand.

We'll figure something out! \O \O [Luv]

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

A great thank you to ExFmem for kindly donating the lion's share of our annual hosting fees! ^Q^ O/\ O\/
0/0

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Thanks a heap, ExFmem! You are a ⭐ lightning up the dark meanders of the AW accounts 0/0 O0

nan

Post by nan »

Can you give me some idea of monthly costs, or a larger expense than just a monthly bill, so I would have a better idea what is needed? If that's not info you want to make public, I understand.
what a super good idea ExFmen ..0.. ..... easier to know if what I have send was for something... or only "cacahuètes"... please :o0ps:

0() please... for next time

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Africa Wild Forum Information”