Mananga "4x4" Trail

Information and Discussions on the Trails in Kruger
Bushcraft

Mananga "4x4" Trail

Post by Bushcraft »

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for information on the mananga trail as I haven't done it before and it would provide the escape from the crowds that we are looking for.

Firstly, is it worth the money :-?

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Mananga "4x4" Trail

Post by Richprins »

No idea, BC...but money is a prerogative! :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
okie

Post by okie »

We've done this trail a couple of times \O Did not see much , and would not really rate it as a " paradise far away from crowds " .

It is great however to be able to get out of your vehicle anywhere , but just remember you must always remain within a few meters from your vehicle . And another rule is - when you do get out of your vehicle , never close the door , keep it open .

Like any place in Kruger , predators may be lurking behind any bush , so , be watchful O-/ .

I read a report about a guide ( was it Scipio and Petro ) , who unpacked picnic stuff for their guests , when suddenly they saw a whole lot of lions amongst the shrubs a few meters away :shock:

Go an enjoy yourself - you never know what you may encounter --- all on your own too :-)

Enough is enough
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

We also did the trail for a couple of times - Can also recommend it not maybe for game viewing as we did not see that much besides the usual suspect but you can never know but it is somehow different to be nearly on your own. You can stay the whole day on the trail or even if you finished it you can re-start again or maybe only parts of same. At least if you not done it so far, Bushcraft, give it a try. ^Q^

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Where is this trail? -O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Alf

Post by Alf »

I think satara area :-?

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
okie

Post by okie »

About 4 km north of Satara it turns off from the H1-4 , across the plain to the windmills at Mavumbye , then southwards until it meets the S100 . Then down to the S41 , and N/west again starting from the S41 at Gudzani dam , following Mavumbye river up to Mavumbye windmills , then a few hundred meters to S90 .

That is the " recommended " route , but you can do it in any direction , any number of times on the day . Get your permit at Satara on the day you want to go , after 7.00 am only . No prior reservations .. And you pay R100 deposit , which you get back when you report back again . That is to ensure that a record is kept to make sure you are back . If not , they go and look for you .

Go and have a picnic by yourself , no open fires allowed , but take a gasbraai , etc .

Enough is enough
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Thanks all \O

It's over R500 plus R100 deposit :-?

I like the option of this especially if the game viewing on the S100, S41 and S90 is quiet.

Something different which has to be done at least once \O

okie

Post by okie »

Wow , price went up drastically since last time we went in 2013 :shock: . I think we paid less than R300 0*\
But , being all alone , and knowing there are no crowds , does make up for it .
There was supposed to be a Black Rhino cow and calf around Mavumbye windmills , but we never saw it . Maybe you are in luck \O

Enough is enough

Return to “Wilderness and 4x4 Trails”