AW's Cheetah Family - Corinne & Cubs.......

Discussions on KTP of a General Nature
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: AW's Cheetah Family - Corinne & Cubs

Post by Mel »

They are beautiful animals and look fit and healthy! I'm so happy to hear that the kids were taking the initiative for food. ^Q^
And I'm sure they had had something not too long ago before you saw them. When you look at Carina closely you can still detect
the blood in the fur of her face. O**

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

My first encounter with Corinne was when she was a teenager and still lived with her mum and her siblings Hanri, Monica and Adele who unfortunately is no more.
It was one of those occasions when the Kgalagadi gave her best while you were on your very last drive on your way out... We found the five of them just past Kamqua
picnic spot (at one point we actually left them to use the ablutions and were able to still see them from there lol ). At some point during the morning hours, Lisette
must have made a kill and all were more or less already well fed because there was not much left of the springbok...

27/10/2011

From left to right: Corinne, Hanri, Monica, Adele and Lisette in the background.

Foreground: Corinne on the left and Monica on the right
Background: Adele with Lisette and Hanri lying next to them

Corinne is the one chewing on the remainders of the meal, Hanri looking up, Adele is seeking TLC from Lisette

Corinne seems to be a bit hoggish... She was munching at the left overs most of the time or...

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

... at least trying to get to the carcass :twisted:

Corinne on the right

Corinne on the left

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

At some point Corinne was successful and ran away from Adele with her trophy lol

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Two close ups from the feeding and guarding.

Corinne left, Hanri yawning, Monica hardly visible, Adele on the right

Not a happy bunny lol

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

^Q^ ^Q^ This is fun, Mel. Thank you!

nan

Post by nan »

super \O ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Lovely pics Mel. \O

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

ExFmem wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:11 pm
Upon our return home, Mel astutely 0/0 ID'd them both as males, along w/ their names, and it seems their connection to one another is quite interesting. The older is one of Corinne's sons, Hinault, from her SECOND litter, while the younger one is a son, Chipo, from Corinne's DAUGHTER of her FIRST litter!!

Perhaps this diagram is easier to follow (Mel, please correct as nec. and I will change it if needed.)

Corinne's son and grandson somehow met and decided to stay together - how cool is that??? I wonder if they can somehow "sense" they are related and therefore "safe"? We also saw them the next day and got better pics.

If anyone has any further info. on such an arrangement, I'd love to hear it please. How common is it, etc. Thanks! :ty: :ty:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:ty: Ex!

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”