Browns in Kruger October 2016

Bushcraft

Re: Browns in Kruger October 2016

Post by Bushcraft »

Lisbeth wrote:The trumpeter hornbill is a great bird ^Q^ ^Q^

Elephants are always welcome O/\

Lovely pics of the rats O\/ O\/

Did you notice the animal in the tree with the long canines and the beautifully spotted fur?

Thank you to Bushcraft X#X , The Cow O0 , hawkeyes 0/0 , Bushpig 0/0 and Albert 0/0 for yet another extraordinary trip to the Kruger NP ^Q^ ^Q^
Thanks again Lisbeth for putting up with my "language" and sticking around for the ride \O I will include more general game in the future, especially since my next trip is in April 2017 and it's way more difficult to find leopard at that time of the year due to the thick bush.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I LOVE all your leopards ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ 0/0

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Pumbaa wrote:Thank you all that much O0 O0 O0

Really had a great time in following you during that trip which turned out to be a leopard one - I know you always have luck with your cat sightings but this time you had a leopard trip - Definitely - as the ellies in one of your last posts occur a much rarer sighting than leopards O** O** O**

Then trumpeter hornbill even twice and a cheetah that close to the road plus wild dogs and lions - Definitely you cannot complain at all with your sightings - Did you ever see impala? ^0^

Anyway thanks so much for another entertaining trip report, Bushcraft O\/
Thanks Pumbaa \O I just wish I had your "camera ability" to document things properly, but 1 day I will hit the lotto and purchase a decent setup and then make the effort to learn how to use it 0*\

The ellies on the H4-1 now are like impala as they head down to the Sabie every day, however I assume that may change now that the south has had some good rain. The trumpeter seems to be a local in Lower Sabie camp now :-? We have seen a couple on the H4-2 and once near Skukuza, but generally a fairly rare sighting for us.

I included impala in my last post from Kruger =O:

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

steamtrainfan wrote:This is sad evening for Joan and I as we say farewell to the Clan.

You have given us many hours of exciting and interesting reading with amazing photos as company.

Thank you so much for sharing your holiday with us.

Until next time. 0/* 0/*
Thanks STF, I'm glad our family antics and sightings kept you guys entertained \O I sometimes think we are "out of our tree", but I'm sure others have similar experiences, but chose to omit that detail. :-? Well I hope so otherwise we are faulty =O:

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Mel wrote:Oh... a leopard on your way out ... what a surprise! :shock: ^0^ lol But even with the 22 sightings, I can totally understand that the guy was a wonderful farewell gift!
(Could you point me to the postings where I would find those two leopards in question where you're not sure if it's one or two different ones? I like a good challenge trying to ID stuff 0*\ lol )

It's great to see the girls so carefree and having fun. They sure deserve every moment of that ^Q^

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your trip with us! It was enjoyable and entertaining as usual - even without any bathroom incidents, or rather even more so =O:

:ty: X#X :ty:
Thanks Mel \O You can attempt the ID story, but I gave up as I didn't get decent pics. O/

The Lubyelubye leopard on page 5 and the leopard bushpig spotted on page 21 is probably the same leopard and the first leopard on page 22 (the walking one) and the leopard on page 24 is also probably the same leopard as it was around an hour later in a similar area.

If I look through all the pics it's 22 different sightings, but Scarface and the de laporte leopards are obviously the same leopard seen on different days. If I assume the above are also the same leopard on different days, then it's 17 leopard \O

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

PJL wrote:Just caught up in time for the finish! Nice trumpeter hornbill again, and that last leopard was a beaut... I think I would have stayed another hour or two with him despite the impending journey. Nice of you to include some 'alive' impala at the end ;-)
Thanks for catching up PJL \O I was seriously tempted to stick around with the leopard, but we were burnt out and still had a long drive, however thinking back on it, we should have stayed a little longer 0*\

That was a massive impala herd which one can't see properly in the pic =O: =O:

See you guys in April X#X

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

leachy wrote::-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

mr craft !!!!

there are obviously no leopards in imfolozi.........

-O- -O- -O- -O- -O-

now that your trip report is over i am going have to tune into national geographic

to to get a daily "panthera" fix......

astounding sightings and entertaining narration as always.

thanks for that.

X#X X#X X#X X#X X#X X#X X#X
Sharp leachy \O Ja, very few leopard in Imfolozi =O: imfolozi after a Kruger trip is like coming 2nd ;-) hence we now just duck to the unit and relax.

Are you doing the April thing :-?

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Catching up again, BC! :o0ps:

The girls have their "poses" sorted...looking good and happy! ^Q^

That bird is a stone chat or something there at Mlondozi...they stay there! :-0

Nice day to end off, I must say, and agree get home after such a great trip, and plan the next one! :yes:

Also new stuff....driving alone with wifey, worrying about teenagers, no medical issues, falling in love with golf club! =O:

Thanks for this, again well-narrated and interesting! X#X X#X X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

From what you've written, I assume we're talking about the first leopard on page 24, which is not the one from the causeway?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Richprins wrote:
That bird is a stone chat or something there at Mlondozi...they stay there! :-0
It's "or something" .....a mocking cliff-chat lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”