Kruger at the moment

Dzombo

Re: What is your favourite National Park

Post by Dzombo »

Kruger

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Kgalagadi because of Rooiputs and its unfenced no services 6 campsite remote from each other ambiance in the best lion square mile on planet earth
Rooiputs Sunrise.jpg
Then Kruger for its diversity north of Letaba River where the Park is REALLY situated..Love the Mopani Bush and the Wild Ellie Cows ..Seen here approaching Babalala from Sirheni along S56
Babalala Elephant surround.jpg
..Then Camdeboo National Park ..Pure Karoo BLISS and the best campsite in a SOUTH AFRICAN Nat Park ..(Rooiputs is Botswana)

Rooicat

Post by Rooicat »

Having visited Kruger, Addo and KTP in SA, it has to be Kruger.

We never visit at holiday time and try to stay away from anywhere South of Skukuza at weekends, and find so often you have a huge, huge piece of African bush full of diverse wildlife and landscape to yourself.

We found KTP surprisingly busy, but enjoyed the different animals.

Addo was disappointing - the views of adjacent farms and settlements really removed the “wild feel” and much of the landscape is unattractive.

Have also been to Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Namibia, and Kruger still takes it for me …. If you get off the beaten track. Certainly you can have 20 vehicles around a leopard sighting in the Serengeti.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I have already answered this question, but forgot KTP. In KTP I miss the greenery and the water and find it rather monotonous with few roads. I quite like Urikaruus when it is not as hot as hell or as cold as the North Pole in winter O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

It's good that people have different tastes - otherwise the KTP would get even fuller than it is. Corona pushed visitor numbers up because a lot of Saffies discovered the park only then and now it's even more difficult to get accommodation. :O^ But it will be my favourite park forever. After all "my" cheetahs are there.

@Rooikat: When you stay at Grootkolk you get to have Union's End all for yourself (and potential 3 neighbours) about 1.5 hours before gate time since everybody else has to make a move to make it on time.
But last time we were in the park - and it was fully booked - I was surprised how quiet it was on evening drives. Even on the stretch between Uri and Kielie. Felt like most people had stayed in. -O-

Mountain Zebra is also a very nice park. The scenery is stunning ^Q^ We liked to stay at Doornhoek guest house outside the main camp. You're totally on your own after gate time and the sky is just beautiful without any light pollution. Plus, when it was re-opened after the fire it had cost around R2200,- which was a really good price considering the huuuge mansion Doornhoek is. These days it's almost R 6000,- 0- Won't be going back there anymore, I guess :no:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “South African National Parks in General”