Sightings WOW, photos not so... (Oct 2018)

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Sightings WOW, photos not so... (Oct 2018)

Post by Lisbeth »

That's a lot of spots :shock: :shock:

Gorgeous sighting and photos O/\ O/\ and it looks as if they were rather close -O-

I knew it was KK and don't know why I wrote Mata Mata :-? 0- The waterhole at KK is unmistakable ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

WoW Mel,

amazing shots of the cheetahs and even so close O/\ :-0 I still hope that one day they will present themselves as well that close and long for me :-0 O\/

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

How can you say those photos are not "wow"?? :shock: Amazing! ^Q^ ^Q^

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Richprins wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:02 pm WOW!!!!!

What luck, Mello, and amazing pics indeed! :ty: :ty: :ty:

[O] [O] [O]

Yes, the predators kill instinctively, IMO! :yes:

That first pic is really intriguing, with the face framed by the dead twigs! :shock: O:V

What more can one say! 0: 0: 0:

X#X X#X X#X X#X X#X X#X X#X X#X
Thanks very much, RP! So much praise makes me go all :o0ps:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Lisbeth wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:33 pm That's a lot of spots :shock: :shock:

Gorgeous sighting and photos O/\ O/\ and it looks as if they were rather close -O-

I knew it was KK and don't know why I wrote Mata Mata :-? 0- The waterhole at KK is unmistakable ;-)
I know you knew lol

And I warned you about the slight cheetah photo overkill. Still more to come lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Pumbaa wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:58 pm WoW Mel,

amazing shots of the cheetahs and even so close O/\ :-0 I still hope that one day they will present themselves as well that close and long for me :-0 O\/
Then you will have to head back to the KTP one day, Pumbaa - chances are way better than in Kruger ;-)

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Flutterby wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:38 am How can you say those photos are not "wow"?? :shock: Amazing! ^Q^ ^Q^
Basically, I agree, Flutts. \O But just a reminder that we also saw two caracals, a honey badger and two wild cats.
And of course all those leopards and lions at night that didn't make for the greatest photos lol

But at the end of the day I've got way more photos than I need for my yearly calendars, so that's great :-0

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

So... That kill happened around a quarter to three, but with Corinne and her cubs having already fed on three lambs they were in no hurry to start eating. We sat another two hours before some serious movement happened :twisted:
DSC_2902_00009.jpg
Corinne had some fur sticking to her mouth O-/
DSC_2933_00008.jpg
And of course the little ones for ID purposes lol
DSC_2963_00007.jpg
DSC_2983_00006.jpg
DSC_2991_00005.jpg

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

For whatever purpose, they are just adorable, even if quite grown O\/ O\/

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

We left them at around 6 pm to have some spare time on our way back in case something else would come up. The only people remaining at the sighting were three out of four cars whose passengers were lucky enough to stay in Urikaruus.

We got back to the place where we had left Hanri and her cub in the morning but the riverbed was empty :-( Well, they had crossed the road and were lying right on the verge on the other side now O\/ But they didn't like being us being so close, so they got up - in no hurry though - and walked back again, right in front of our car, making it difficult to get decent photos 0'
DSC_3020_00004.jpg
They laid down in the shade in the middle of the riverbed. Since we had left early enough, we still had a bit time to sit with them. And it didn't take long before Hanri called it a day and started marching towards the dunes behind the riverbed, her cub following. The SO and I were just getting ready to leave when the SO pointed out the dust flash. On their way up Hanri's cub had discovered a hare that it was chasing down, all the way across the riverbed and back right next to us lol I never managed to capture that puzzled look on the cheetah's face when the hare disappeared in one of the many holes that you can find there. lol

Check out that belly! :shock:
DSC_3058_00003.jpg
DSC_3064_00002.jpg
After that the both of them ambled back into the same shade they had been parked off before and we eventually had to say goodbye in order to make gate closing. 0/* 0/* 0/*

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”