The new KrugerExplorer App

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Dzombo

Re: Kruger Explorer - App for Android or Apple

Post by Dzombo »

Richprins wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:39 am Off-topic! ^0^
I thought that sort of thing is ok here????? O**
Isn't it on "the other side" that you get a horn taken away from you if you don't stick to the party line --00--

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Yes, but when it suits my agenda I say that! O:V O**

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

It's only off-topic because RP doesn't agree with you! lol

Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Richprins wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:16 am Yes, but when it suits my agenda I say that!
RP - if my mother in law can use a smart phone, so can you ^0^

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Flutterby wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:57 am Looks interesting mikef. \O

Lis and RP, the problem with not going the smart phone route is that the technology is changing so quickly and if you don't keep up with it you may find it very difficult to use one when you need to. I just look at my dad, who never even learned to use a computer...he can't use a smart phone now, the technology is beyond him, and it does limit his contact with friends and family who are all on FB/Whatsapp/Email etc. Just my opinion. ;-)
True I have just got my first Smart Phone to use Whatsapp and MAYBEEE Banking eventually now that Std Bank closed its Branch down the road ...But will never use it as an App for Kruger ..I know the place backwards and just go to my preplanned destination every morning out of camp ..I use a Bird book if I have problems with ID ..My App is a pair of Binoculars and a Nikon camera

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Flutterby wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:57 am Looks interesting mikef. \O

Lis and RP, the problem with not going the smart phone route is that the technology is changing so quickly and if you don't keep up with it you may find it very difficult to use one when you need to. I just look at my dad, who never even learned to use a computer...he can't use a smart phone now, the technology is beyond him, and it does limit his contact with friends and family who are all on FB/Whatsapp/Email etc. Just my opinion. ;-)
When they lower the monthly subscribtion prices, I'll get one \O As you say, Flutty, one of these days you simply cannot live without one \O It is not very different from a computer, so I don't think I'll have too much difficulty learning to use it -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Yes, I think as long as you know how to use a computer, you'll be fine. :yes:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

\O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
KrugerExplorer

The new KrugerExplorer App

Post by KrugerExplorer »

Hello all

Myself and my partner Charlotte both have a huge passion for the Kruger and wanted let you know about a project we are working on.

We have developed an App called KrugerExplorer, which launched a few weeks back. It is a wildlife, maps and routes guide to Kruger National Park and contains the most up-to-date maps available today, 70+ of our favourite and most successful routes from each of the main rest camps and entrance gates in the park, and 300+ detailed animal profiles that educate about the wonderful Kruger wildlife that visitors may encounter.

We have built and developed the insights included in the App over many years of exploring Kruger and wanted to create something that is as beautiful as the park, while ensuring the usability and depth of content in a single resource (either book or app) is unprecedented. For example, the route descriptions don't merely suggest a road 'because its good for lions' like so many guides to the park - the App instead explains the geology of a surrounding landscape, what flora consequently flourishes there, which herbivores eat that flora and which carnivores hunt them, immersing the user in their understanding of Kruger's habitats.

The App is available on the App Store and Google Play and works fully offline once downloaded, so is a great companion for seasoned Kruger visitors and first-timers alike. It does not include any functionality for the sharing of live sightings.

We have been overwhelmed by the reception since we launched – the feedback has been superb and we just had our 100th 5-star review across the App Store and Google Play globally, which is a brilliant start! Even more exciting was that we were yesterday featured as Apple’s ‘App of the Day’, with a nice article here if you want to have a read: https://apps.apple.com/story/id1482262514

I have attached a series of screenshots (all clickable to see the full quality) and a preview video to help bring it to life, plus there is lots more info, videos and screenshots on the App Store and Google Play for those interested in learning more.

We would love to hear what the Kruger lovers in the AWF community think of the App and also very happy to answer any questions people may have.

Thanks for reading and best regards
Danny (& Charlotte)

phpBB [video]

Alf

Re: The new KrugerExplorer App

Post by Alf »

Interesting :-?

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”