Mana Pools*

Kesheshe

Mana Pools*

Post by Kesheshe »

hi
here are a few photos to give you some idea of what is on offer there.

Kesheshe

Re: Mana Pools

Post by Kesheshe »

I hope this works. instead of me telling you about all the camp options in mana pools I suggest reading this one of the best reviews I have read.

http://www.alisonbuttigieg.com/08-09th- ... ana-pools/

Kesheshe

Post by Kesheshe »

I went to shower and when I opened the door this was about 50m from me. I shouted to SO who luckily heard me and saw what was going on and came to fetch me with the van. this was not in one of the exclusive camps but at Nyamepi Camp.

Kesheshe

Post by Kesheshe »

Thanks for the nice comments.

Richprins you made me giggle as I can actually picture that situation happening easily there. there was a situation where visitors were on foot taking photos of lion when they split up to hunt and the people ended up in the middle.

The internal road network can sometimes be challenging depending where you go but a 4x2 will manage in most places. There are a few exclusive camp sites which offer sites by the river on your own.

the facilities are improving regarding showers, braai areas etc. but do not expect luxury. there are safari operators that we saw sitting up fancy camp spots for their guests.

yes you can see these at mana

even the bins are not safe this is a real wild park =O:

view from camp site

Kesheshe

Post by Kesheshe »

thanks and yes we have travelled to a lot of game parks over 21 years.

mana pools must without question provide the best light in the afternoons and early mornings of any of the parks we have visited. The shadows created from the enormous trees and the vegetation on the group create for an amazing landscape to view animals.

You will find all types of animals in and around the camp sites.

Kesheshe

Post by Kesheshe »

map of mana pools:

Kesheshe

Post by Kesheshe »

Kesheshe

Post by Kesheshe »

Richprins

"There is some pic somewhere of an ellie on its back legs slurping away at high foliage! Sure it was at Mana!" - I think that photo was taken by morkel Erasmus but I stand to be corrected

Kesheshe

Post by Kesheshe »

the elle went through a different camp just about each day on its way to the river. The elephant was so calm and destroyed nothing in each camp during this daily trip.

Just for information non of the camp sites have power so if going for a trip longer than a few days prepare for this. Even with a duel battery system it is a challenge I would seriously consider solar power.

Kesheshe

Post by Kesheshe »

Again if going to mana for a extended visit you will need to carry enough fuel as there is no fuel in the park our shop so be 100% self sufficient except wood which you can buy. it gets extremely hot and October is called hell month for a reason.

Yes you can still fish in Mana.

The pool system a few KM's from the river is a very productive area from a game viewing point of view.

Elle trying to check in. O/\

No body letting me in so I am going to phone head office.

Return to “Travel Tales of Zimbabwe Parks”