Kgalagadi Cheetah Discussion

Discussions on KTP of a General Nature
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Kgalagadi Cheetah Discussion

Post by Lisbeth »

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

On behalf of the admin team, I would like to wish you and your loved ones a Happy New Year! May 2022 be filled with lots of blessings and cheetah sightings! We are extremely excited to announce that we are done compiling the Cheetah ID Guide Kit for identifying the individual cheetahs in and around the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
Thank you to EVERYONE who has shared their cheetah sightings and photos. Your support is truly appreciated and without you this research initiative would not be possible. We hope you enjoy this guide, find it useful in the field and that the guide helps us all to learn more about the fastest terrestrial land mammal!

You can download the Cheetah ID Guide Kit on our Dropbox by clicking on the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/.../AADjS9nULrhdd_Y2k6IAJdhDa...

We will keep the guide updated so please keep sharing your sightings and photos on this group. Once again thank you to all of you!

Kind Regards,
The Team
Wilmari Porter, Lion Spoon, Lucia Quindici & Mark Kaptein

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Not KTP, but this is yet another astonishing cheetah behaviour that has never been observed before :shock:
CHEETAH TRACKING IN MOUNTAIN ZEBRA NATIONAL PARK

[...]

About the cheetah of Mountain Zebra National Park

There are currently only 4 cheetah in Mountain Zebra National Park. Unfortunately the breeding female was killed in November 2020 by a lion while she had three young cubs. Two of the cubs have survived, a male – Chad, and a female – CJ, and they are being raised by their father, Mabula, and these are the cheetah that we saw. It is extremely unusual for a father to raise cubs – in fact our guide told us it was the first time it had ever been documented.

[...]

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

:shock: :shock: ^Q^ ^Q^

Nor any other predator, I think.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Kgalagadi Cheetah Sightings

Post by Lisbeth »

Someone has been working here :shock: ^Q^ ^Q^

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

:ty: for noticing [InLuv]

nan

Post by nan »

Mel wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:13 am
On behalf of the admin team, I would like to wish you and your loved ones a Happy New Year! May 2022 be filled with lots of blessings and cheetah sightings! We are extremely excited to announce that we are done compiling the Cheetah ID Guide Kit for identifying the individual cheetahs in and around the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
Thank you to EVERYONE who has shared their cheetah sightings and photos. Your support is truly appreciated and without you this research initiative would not be possible. We hope you enjoy this guide, find it useful in the field and that the guide helps us all to learn more about the fastest terrestrial land mammal!

You can download the Cheetah ID Guide Kit on our Dropbox by clicking on the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/.../AADjS9nULrhdd_Y2k6IAJdhDa...

We will keep the guide updated so please keep sharing your sightings and photos on this group. Once again thank you to all of you!

Kind Regards,
The Team
Wilmari Porter, Lion Spoon, Lucia Quindici & Mark Kaptein
I can't open the link... : error 4x (or something like that)

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
nan

Post by nan »

Mel, via FB I can open the dropbox link ... why not here :-?
thank you all is ok now (for me)

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

nan 0/* I really have no idea why the link doesn't work here. It seems that one must go via the Facebook page to get to the ID kit 0:

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”