Peter Betts

Re: Rooiputs

Post by Peter Betts »

Flutterby wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:52 am Storm brewing. \O
Yes thunder rolling in the hills

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

I wonder how the this sisterhood at Rooiputs is doing..2 of the most beautiful lionesses
The Sisterhood.jpg

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Very synchronized :-0 O:V

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

One of the Sisterhood on the last morning at the park in April ..saying our good byes until next year ..I hope they don't move off and are still walking in the shadows on the riverbed as the sun catches the dune tops
Lioness shadow walking.jpg

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

You like these kitties a lot, Peter! :yes:

X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

And they seem to like Peter too! :yes:

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

There is nothing to beat a Rooiputs Sunrise in Autumn..A click will make it like it was
Male Pose.jpg

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Also the lion is enjoying the first rays \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

This is our Annual campsite in Kgalagadi every April . Last year we had 14 days, this year we had 18 and sadly next year I only managed to get 10. Rooiputs is in Botswana ..It has 6 NO facilities campsites far remote from each other so effectively you are on your own ..Tsendze is the quietest camp in Kruger and yet it has 33 on top of each other campsites with the only rough component being no electricity..but you get a safety Elephant proof electrified boundary fence, very modern Ablution Blocks , Camp communal Freezers, 2 huge camp kitchens, Your Braai gets cleaned and your trash gets taken away every day ..It kind of reminds me of Club Med in the bush and you have a fully stocked shop 7 kms away in huge Mopani camp where there is a swimming pool too ..Rooiputs doesnt have a shop nearby or an ablution Block . There are no neighbours to speak of in a Kruger type fenced camp. You clean your own Braai and take your trash away yourself. You share your space with Gemsbok , Cape Foxes , Cape Cobras , HUGE lions , Jackal Blue Wildebeest and Springbok and a resident leopard. The Toilet is that structure top left in the picture (No Flush loos here just a pit ) and you always have to check through a little gap to see if tooth and claw carriers arent asleep inside ... Loo is far left of pic ..A bit of heaven on earth ..We dont use the bring your own water Shower but shower at the tent using the 2 x 2l Coke Bottle method ..You DONT walk to the loo at night here ..its dangerous to your health and Medical Aid doesnt pay ..The best 3 weeks in any year for me without a doubt..The Little burrow in front in the pic belongs to a Cape Fox known as 'Frikkie' who visits Campsite 3 at night for a drink out of the birdbath and he always tries his luck burrowing to try and get into the tent at night. Jane luckily barricades the inside Sidewalls with everything to keep bigger stuff out at night but we only ever have to worry about 'Frikkie' as the lions are properly wild but do come close on occasssion out of curiosity and to drink water at night..I often have to retrieve the empty too heavy for 'Frikkie' to carry Birdbath in the veld some mornings before I leave for my drive and it is clear enough to see what is out and about before I go and fetch it!!!
Our Camp every year in April.jpg

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Very interesting, Peter! You spin a good yarn. X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”