Grysbok, Cape

Discussions and information on all Southern African Mammals
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Grysbok, Cape

Post by Lisbeth »

Meet Bambi - the little Cape grysbok on the road to recovery after he was rescued from a fire

2019-01-17 06:30

At just a few months old, a rescued baby Cape grysbok has touched the hearts of the many residents of the Overstrand, which has recently been under threat by a devastating fire.

Bambi, which staff of the Country Animal Clinic named him, was found close to one of the burning areas before emergency services officials rushed him to the clinic for treatment.

"We are treating him ... and he does still have a long road ahead of him to recover fully," Dr Ingrid de Wet told News24.

The little creature is trotting around on bandaged hooves and there is hope that he will soon be released back into the wild.

Click on the title if you want to see the video

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Re: Grysbok, Cape

Post by Flutterby »

:-(

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

So tiny! :shock:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Ag... hope this will turn out positive in the end 0/0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

All caused by some idiot who let off a flare on New years Eve 50 kms away ...Tons of houses lost , not to mention the homes of these little guys and the destruction of 250 000 Hectares of Mountain Fynbos

Return to “Mammals”