AW Tourist Congestion Pic Marathon YouTube Video

Information and discussions on congestion in Kruger
mouseinthehouse

Re: AW Tourist Congestion Pic Marathon YouTube Video

Post by mouseinthehouse »

Just some thoughts from an international annual visitor:

*we wouldn't come to Kruger if self-drive was ever abolished. Our whole reason to spend a fortune on airfares is to enjoy the freedom to spend our days at leisure in the park driving ourselves around.
*the only time we have experienced horrible congestion on the roads was last visit in September (out of school holidays - hate to think what it's like then!) mostly in the south of the park particularly around the Lower Sabie/Skukuza area. We certainly will not be spending any time in that area again as I just hated it and it had a detrimental effect on our visit for those few days in that area. :-( In the central and north we have rarely experienced congestion that has been disturbing although the speeding issue is still there and this has been upsetting at times.

For the first time we have decided to forego Kruger in favour of KTP this year. I have a feeling we will be returning there rather than Kruger. My own feeling is that it is patently obvious that visitor numbers are way too high in the south of the park and a much lower limit should be imposed. At some point you start to kill the goose that laid the golden egg and I think that point is already upon us.

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

mouseinthehouse wrote:For the first time we have decided to forego Kruger in favour of KTP this year. I have a feeling we will be returning there rather than Kruger. My own feeling is that it is patently obvious that visitor numbers are way too high in the south of the park and a much lower limit should be imposed. At some point you start to kill the goose that laid the golden egg and I think that point is already upon us.
This is exactly how and why our love affair with KTP started as well.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Interesting stuff, mith!

Remember, international visitors are advised to email Dr Mabunda directly with this sort of thing!

davidm@sanparks.org

Or whoever his successor may be... O**

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

BTW, quite a few views of the video already! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Twigga

Post by Twigga »

Wow,wow,wow!!

Share,share,share!

Well done to those that put this together!

So sad :-(

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Somewhere in Kruger
Bush Brat

Post by Bush Brat »

Hey all, just to divert a bit - thanks for all your feedback, I really enjoyed making it for you guys! \O

Toko

Post by Toko »

Great job, Bush Brat ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Return to “Congestion in Kruger”