Congestion at Sightings

Information and discussions on congestion in Kruger
Dzombo

Re: Congestion at Sightings

Post by Dzombo »

So I showed this thread to my son.
We worked out that we are in the 2nd white car.......
P1070713.jpg

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

O:V O:V

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

It is a bit strange, that the lions take no notice whatsoever of the cars :shock:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Lisbeth wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:19 am It is a bit strange, that the lions take no notice whatsoever of the cars :shock:
They didn't budge - quite happy to lie there with all the cars passing within cm of them
But a few hours later we did drive past them again on our way back to Skukuza, and they had moved off the road and were a few meters in the bush.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

\O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Dzombo wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:15 pm So I showed this thread to my son.
We worked out that we are in the 2nd white car.......

P1070713.jpg
..One sick lion look at its TB hips ..a healthy S50 lion would have gapped it ..This guy seems to have given up ..Wouldnt know ..I never drive that road unless enroute to see Malaelane /Komatipoort customers

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Lisbeth wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:19 am It is a bit strange, that the lions take no notice whatsoever of the cars :shock:
Around Skukuza and L sabie thats par for the course ..Hemmed in lions that are used to it

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Richprins wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:39 am Image

Kruger Sightings
‏Verified account @LatestKruger
2h2 hours ago

07:00
3 male lions sleeping on the road
H4-1, 2.1km W of H12
Near Skukuza
Vis 5/5
Tinged by @legend_safaris

Not too bad for a Saturday on Eloff Street? -O-
Its like rent a crowd watching paint dry on a tarred road :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0..love the car with all its windows closed ..who drives around Kruger with the windows closed ...listen to the birdsong, the sounds of animals , Smell the earthy smells ..Dont worry a few flies wont hurt and that doped cat wont be on your lap anytime soon lady ...But my gut feeling the car engine is running because of ignorance and or to keep the aircon on and or to keep charging all the Tinging , Animal finding devices on board...never mind carbon monoxide poisoning of wildlife in the vicinity 0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\ Its a side of Kruger I NEVER experience and never will
Last edited by Peter Betts on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Dzombo wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:46 am
RogerFraser wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:57 pm
:yes: we had exactly the same especially if they sleeping or resting .We sat at one WD sighting in between Orpen and Satara for 3 hours one day and hundreds drove up stopped and left . Eventually the rest of the pack appeared out the bushes and they all got up and greeted each other and the 3 hours wait was worth every minute . Think the problem is that the modern lifestyle demands instant gratification and old style patience is not taught anywhere .
I blame that sighting app :twisted:
Yes absolutely everyone driving around the South with their faces buried in a device ..Learn how to read the signs , Listen to lion activity at night from SMALL camps and then triangulate the results to find the cats the next morning (ala Pete Betts Sightings App....I should sell it to Ossendryver for Millions :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 lol lol lol )and leave those phones off in camp and use your binos to find your own stuff ..Jeepers I just paid R8000 Diesel to get to Kruger ..If I wanted this I would have stayed at home and rented a wildlife Movie and watched 50/50 in my lounge

harrys

Post by harrys »

Peter Betts wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:28 pm
Dzombo wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:46 am
RogerFraser wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:57 pm
:yes: we had exactly the same especially if they sleeping or resting .We sat at one WD sighting in between Orpen and Satara for 3 hours one day and hundreds drove up stopped and left . Eventually the rest of the pack appeared out the bushes and they all got up and greeted each other and the 3 hours wait was worth every minute . Think the problem is that the modern lifestyle demands instant gratification and old style patience is not taught anywhere .
I blame that sighting app :twisted:
Yes absolutely everyone driving around the South with their faces buried in a device ..Learn how to read the signs , Listen to lion activity at night from SMALL camps and then triangulate the results to find the cats the next morning (ala Pete Betts Sightings App....I should sell it to Ossendryver for Millions :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 lol lol lol )and leave those phones off in camp and use your binos to find your own stuff ..Jeepers I just paid R8000 Diesel to get to Kruger ..If I wanted this I would have stayed at home and rented a wildlife Movie and watched 50/50 in my lounge
I agree with you100% Peter, we prefer to look for our own sightings without the help of apps, it's so much more satisfying to drive slowly and enjoy nature and finding your sightings \O

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??

Return to “Congestion in Kruger”