Request for review of SANPARKS Commercialization programme

General Information & Discussion on Hotels in Kruger
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Request for review of SANPARKS Commercialization programme

Post by Lisbeth »

gmlsmit wrote:I have sent off the following email on 24 August 2011.

To:
The Chairperson Parliamentary Standing Committee for Water and Environmental Affairs

Dear Messrs de Lange and Madubula.
I have studied the Strategic plans of SANPARKS and their reasons for the commercialization of the National Parks.
I herewith request that the Commercialization of our National Parks by SANPARKS be reviewed and that public hearings be included in this process.
The reason for this request is that it appears that the emphasis is moving away from Conservation to an atmosphere of money making which will destroy the idea of a National Park which is an area where the ecology and the history and the geography and archeology and all the other items which we have to preserve and conserve for those generations still to come will be lost forever.
The tranquility of nature and the spiritual experience that still remains in our Parks, is planned to be changed to that of holiday resorts, surely this cannot be satisfactory to anyone who cares for our environment.
Everyday when we watch TV, or listen to the News or read a Newspaper we are informed about seminars or huge meetings attended by heads of state or international representatives, where the destruction of our earth is discussed, decisions are taken and promises are made.
SANPARKS should keep our National Parks of which they say only cover 3% of our wonderful country as pristine as possible, not commercialize them as per their write ups.

Return to “General Hotel Discussions, KNP”