Luxury Train Hotel on Kruger's Selati Bridge

Information & Discussion on Other Development Plans for Kruger
PennyinSA

Luxury Train Hotel on Kruger's Selati Bridge

Post by PennyinSA »

Can I ask what folks think about this?

PPP Opportunity – Operation of an accommodation product in train coaches on the Selati Bridge (adjacent to the Skukuza Camp) and incorporation of the Selati precinct into the accommodation product
In line with its Strategic Plan for Commercialization, SANParks intends to form a Public Private Partnership (PPP) in terms of which a selected private party will be granted the rights to develop, operate and maintain an accommodation product (in train coaches) on the Selati Bridge next to the Skukuza camp in the Kruger National Park together with the right to upgrade of the Selati Precinct into either a restaurant or reception area complementing the accommodation product.
SANParks invites prospective investors and operators to submit detailed bids in line with its mandate and objectives for this PPP opportunity. Interested parties will be expected to meet certain minimum criteria in order to qualify.
The PPP opportunity Advert, Information Memorandum and Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, setting out further details of the minimum criteria and prescribed process to be followed, is available below.
Documents

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Selati Bridge

Post by Mel »

They ARE crazy... another "accommodation product" in the visitor hotspot of the south? Gimme a break... At this planning and buidling rate, it won't be long before Kruger collapes... Totally mad!

Do you have any idea about how many "beds" we're talking here, Penny?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

They must find some use for the coaches now that the Selati Restaurant venture was squashed as competition for the franchise there, Penny!

Do you have a link to the document?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
PennyinSA

Post by PennyinSA »

Maybe that is why the restaurant closed down and never came back. I will get it Richard and e mail it to you!

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ok, Penny! Will forward! :twisted:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Crazy 0- How many more people do they want to squeeze into an already crowded south. O/

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

I would imagine a lot of people would be quite keen to stay in an old train! --00--

RobertT

Post by RobertT »

\O With you on that Fluts I think it would be cool, not sure I agree with it tho. Doesn't the guest house border that? Wonder how they would feel with people and lights in their view. :-? :-?

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

We can have an AW meet there? Just wonder how many will fall off the bridge? O-/

I think studentfan must give some expert opinion here, with feasibility study! :twisted:

Return to “Proposed Developments, KNP”