New Developments (camps, hides, picnic sites etc) as per Strategic Plan 2019/20 - 2023/24

Information & Discussion on Other Development Plans for Kruger
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: New Developments (camps, hides, picnic sites etc) as per Strategic Plan 2019/20 - 2023/24

Post by Lisbeth »

Will Sanparks ever stop with all these developments, flying, pop-up or whatever? Every two/three beds mean one more car and the south simply cannot support this. Are they so taken by the cash flow that they do not care about the consequences :-?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Re: New Developments (camps, hides, picnic sites etc) as per Strategic Plan 2019/20 - 2023/24

Post by Klipspringer »

They want every year 5 or 10% more visitors, so they must provide guest beds, it's a never ending story because of the growth doctrine 0'

Alf

Post by Alf »

I agree with a few extra tents in existing camps but all these extra hides and viewing decks and more camps I don’t agree with O/

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
harrys

Post by harrys »

Problem I have with all the new developments is that they can't maintain the existing units and everything is just deteriorating and it just gets more expensive 0-

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

And as Philip says, they will not even break even financially in the foreseeable future without being expensive. They also go downhill fast without being maintained, as they will not be built to the same standards as in the past, I'm sure... O**

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

BTW: Camp maintenance for several camps is also planned and budgeted

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:twisted:

Heheh! That has always been budgeted for! =O:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

This makes me think about the five-year plans of the Soviet Union. When the five years had passed nothing absolutely nothing had developed like the plan. The harvests were the half, the balance of payment worse than five years before, budget deficit and the public debt always worse than the government’s targets and the population getting poorer. It was a joke 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Lisbeth wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:49 pm This makes me think about the five-year plans of the Soviet Union. When the five years had passed nothing absolutely nothing had developed like the plan. The harvests were the half, the balance of payment worse than five years before, budget deficit and the public debt always worse than the government’s targets and the population getting poorer. It was a joke 0*\
Sounds like Russia learned a lot from the current SA Govt

brucebru

Post by brucebru »

Yeah I downloaded the entire document and the plan itself is very comprehensive. Detailed lists of all developments and maintenance scheduled over the next 5 years, really down to the finest detail!

I am very skeptical though that they will accomplish more than 20% in the next 5 years. But even that will be an achievement :-0

As a side note, I also noted that they are building a new rest camp in KTP (to be called Dawid Kruiper), north of Twee Revieren. Not sure if everyone is aware of that, as I couldn't find any discussions here about it? According to the plan, work already appears to have begun and is scheduled for competition in 2021...

Return to “Proposed Developments, KNP”