Fishing in Kruger Park...

Information and Discussions on Water Management in Kruger
nan

Re: Fishing in Kruger Park...

Post by nan »

research... witch tiny ones =O: =O: =O:

and I thank you for the animal funny or fury animal (0!)

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I knew that they would make you happy, nan =O: =O: 0/0

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Duke

Post by Duke »

OUCH

ReyT wrote:
Dear Forumites,

Perhaps this is an opportunity to wish all of you a prosperous new year.

In relation to a post by GML Smit of AIKONA, please allow me to impress upon you that it does not matter how many times SANParks tries to explain its actions, the likes of GML Smit and his cronies will not in any way agree. It is for this reason that I would still expect that this like many other explanations will be shot down by GML Smit. I am of a view that GML Smit has no regard of SANParks and its management as you can see in his write-up where he refers to SANParks as ‘They’ as if he is referring to some objects or people that cannot be regarded as human beings. That as it may, SANParks will still provide a response to GML Smit of AIKONA.

It should be noted that the SANParks Honorary Rangers (HR) make a huge and POSITIVE contribution towards conservation in our various national parks and because of this tremendous support received from the HRs, SANParks does provide opportunities for HR’s to enjoy Kruger and other national parks in a special way without compromising the conservation mandate of the organisation. It is for this reason that I urge GML Smit to understand that all activities are approved after a thorough assessment.

With reference to the event in question, please take note that the data of the catch-and-release fishing day is still being analysed and is not available as yet. Once it has been processed it will form part of Kruger National Park’s database on fish species and their distribution. Furthermore please note that this fund raising event generated R30 800.00 and these funds were used to construct the dog kennels at Phalaborwa (see attached photo), that is part of the anti-rhino poaching effort.

The HRs support SANParks in two major areas namely, performing duties over weekends, and raising funds. Their total contribution to SANParks was R44 million during the previous financial year. Perhaps we will need to challenge GML Smit and AIKONA to better any contribution that the HR’s have made towards SANParks or cease their grand stand shouting.

Lastly KNP and many other national parks are a hallmark for conservation, and also a place to be enjoyed by the public, the staff as well as those that support the national parks such as the HR’s.

Best regards,
Reynold "Rey" Thakhuli
Acting Head of Communications
South African National Parks, Groenkloof, Tshwane/Pretoria
Tel: +27 (0) 12 426 5170 Fax: +27 (0) 12 343 0153
Mobile: +27 (0) 73 373 4999 e-mail: rey.thakhuli@sanparks.org
Go Wild! Off the best beaten natures tracks of Africa!
"The best way to get young people to understand and have respect for the environment in conservation areas is to start by making positive and visible changes in the environments where they live." - Dr David Mabunda, Chief Executive, SANParks.
Vision statement: ‘SANParks connecting to society’

threedogs
This statement in bold is absolutely unprofessional and unworthy of a person in a position of 'Acting Head of Communications' of Sanparks. Anyone who engages with members of the public and indeed clients of their own organisation in a position such as this must have the professionalism to deal with any and all criticism and enquiry with courtesy and decorum. This statement is unbecoming and an embarrassment to Sanparks.

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

I have to agree with threedogs, what a blatant attack. What goes around comes around, you can't hide the truth for ever!! O**

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
okie

Post by okie »

I also agree with threedogs \O Not only that , but certainly he is trying his utmost to be insulting too - refer " gmlsmit and his cronies " .
Unfortunately for him , it also shows up his own ignorance and unsofistication , because the meaning of " cronies " , is " close friends " . Now to say that in normal conversation is OK , but in context of his statement , it is derogative , and as such reduces the effectiveness of his message .

Of course , we must also take cognisance of his position as " Acting Head of Communications " , which immediately tells us that he occupies a lesser position than the REAL Head of Communications , and whom ( possibly ) would be better qualified to make a statement instead of the minion ( Thakuli ) .

IMO , this stupid statement should be disregarded and treated with the contempt that it deserves . ( Just a little guy trying to throw a bit of weight around ) O**

Enough is enough
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Well that thread has been locked as SP have responded to questions asked. =O: =O:

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Perhaps the meaning of They should be looked up. =O: =O: Only insults I saw flying around were from SANParks. =O: Now where have I seen this tactic of attacking and insulting the person asking a reasonable question before. :-? :-?
It does make me wonder why he felt he had to defend the fishing research first and of course explain all that the HR's do when all GML Smit (and his cronies, mustn't forget them)were asking was if the research data is available, (which as Rey quite rightly says "THEY" that word again have a right to ask the question) instead of just answering that the data has not been analysed yet? -O- -O- =O: =O:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

IMO Gerhard Smit has always been correct in his letters to Sanparks :-? Is it again the bad conscience playing the role in Thakhuli's answer. Every time he opens his mouth he looses a battle in the eyes of the public!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

my post was deleted and was told not to play mode as I quoted them on rule 11 and I noticed 6 infringements to the rule but still the post was left :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

=O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O:

Ai, haven't been there for ages!

But incredible work by HR's in building that dog cage in about a month and a half from the completion of the fishing event, over builder's holidays and festive season! \O \O \O

Complete with some plants that look a month old inside!

Maybe the thing had been built already? And funds were directed to it? The Rhino Card... :O^

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “River Systems & Waterhole Management in KNP”