Strikes at SANParks

Information and Discussions on Management Issues in SANParks
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Strikes at SANParks

Post by Richprins »

It is all smoke and mirrors, Lis! :twisted:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Not all I'm sure ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

Media Release: Wage dispute resolved at SANParks
19 September 2019

South African National Parks (SANParks) today announced that a dispute around wages and conditions of employment declared by three unions representing workers in the Collective Bargaining Council has been resolved.

This according to Rey Thakhuli, SANParks Acting Head of Communications who said, SANParks and the labour unions settled the dispute early last night, and the parties have immediately formalised the agreement reached.

Thakhuli said in a meeting that was convened on Wednesday 18 September 2019 with the majority of unions Health and Other Service Personnel Trade Union (HOSPERSA) and National Union of Public Service and Allied Workers Union (NUPSAW) a collective agreement was concluded and signed. “The details of the signed deal mean that workers will get an 8% salary adjustment and improved benefits.”

He said the signing brings to end speculation around any intended protracted strike and planned protests action which was due to happen on Friday, 20 September 2019. The unions and SANParks will be communicating the finer details to employees internally.

The Chief Executive Officer of SANParks, Fundisile Mketeni congratulated the negotiating teams on the signing of the agreement saying… “We are happy that the deal has been accepted by the majority unions, it shows that the welfare of workers was put first, as an employer we tabled a fair and balanced offer that will not put jobs in jeopardy and will help the organisation to continue with its conservation mandate.”

“We want to also encourage those intending to visit our parks, we are open for business, come and enjoy your natural heritage. We are looking forward to working with the unions into the future for the betterment of our people and the organisation” concluded Mketeni.

Issued by:
South African National Parks (SANParks) Corporate Communications

Media enquiries:
Reynold “Rey” Thakhuli:
SANParks Acting Head of Communications
Tel: 012 426 5203; Cell: 073 373 4999
Email: rey.thakhuli@sanparks.org

Isaac Phaahla
GM: Communications and Marketing, KNP
Tel: 013 735 4363; Cell 083 673 6974
Email: isaac.phaahla@sanparks.org

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Wildly above inflation, and beyond what SANParks can afford... O**

What are the "improved benefits"?

What happened to the dispute about missing overtime on Sundays?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Alf

Post by Alf »

They always answer other things accept the truth

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The employees get the 8% increase and forget about Sundays and overtime, I imagine -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

8 % ..my Pension Increase is 2.25% and for the last 4 years at the American Company I work for my total Increase during this period is ZERO % ..It Boils my Blood ..Everything For Nothing in return ..Unsustainable South Africa and the Communist Trade Unions

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Lisbeth wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:06 pm The employees get the 8% increase and forget about Sundays and overtime, I imagine -O-
They Will GO for the Sundays and Overtime ..This is Africa ..The Handout Recipient Continent offering NOTHING in return

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Do you know when they got the last salary raise? If not it is not possible to judge if it is fair or not.

If the law admits Sundays and overtime payment, why should they not ask for it? -O-

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Civil servants get increase every year, always way above inflation.

Return to “General Management Issues - SANParks”