The Truth about sanparks Booking system

Information and Discussions on Management Issues in SANParks
Alf

Re: The Truth about sanparks Booking system

Post by Alf »

Peter Betts wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:04 pm Storms River Camping is the BEST ..Garden Route camping is awesome ..It doesnt rain all the time ..There is a major Drought there now ..You just choose the season properly ie Feb to May..Those camp sites facing the ocean are ICONIC and probably the best situated in SA bar none ..We hardly ever camp under trees as our Trailer is cool and less mess from birds etc ..and the tent and awnings provide plenty shade..The ONLY thing wrong with Storms River camping is that it is SANParks so I cant take my Border Collie so we go to Yellow Sands instead at the moment ..she spends enough time staying in Kennels when we go to Kruger & Kgalagadi ..The sea she comes with ..The hutted accommodation at Storms River cant shape up to the camping there...Staying at the Ocean ANYWHERE in SA in Dec ..= WIND..Rather go in April School Hols to the Coast
Yes Peter i hear what you say but i get leave over December and can't go during the time period you mentioned. We go to Stormsriver every second year and for the last 3 trips half of our time there it rained. I've spend many hours sitting in the lounge watching campers trying to set up tents in the rain there.

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Alf

Post by Alf »

Lisbeth wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:25 pm Be careful not to get the accommodations in the back, towards the wood and hill. They are/were old and humid. IMO the nicest ones are 16A, 16B and 17. In any case far from the parking space. Over the weekend it is terrible 0*\

https://www.sanparks.org/assets/images/ ... layout.jpg

IMG_2593.JPG
Lisbeth the units you mentioned are not big enough for us and i think they are all 2 beds. We also prefer to stay as far as possible away from the busy restaurant because the cars park on both sides of the road for about 1km long and you struggle to get in and out of your unit

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

You are right those only have two beds \O

I hope that the restaurant is better now than it was in 2013 O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

The restaurant burnt down about then

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

On our recent trip to the Kgalagadi we managed to bag 9 nights at the most favourite camp Urikaruus.
4 we got when the bookings opened, and another 5 I picked up online some weeks later. Turned out that
for those 5 days there was a group of 3 couples travelling together.

I think, it's obvious that they must have booked the whole camp (I'm just not sure about the 5th unit which
is the "new" honeymoon suite - but maybe that can be extra since it's a bit further away from the rest of
the cabins) and dropped the unit that they hadn't needed after a decent period of time.

Anyone any clue how to book out a whole camp? Might be worth it teaming up with friends to get into those
hard to come by camps. O**

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

-O-

One can book individually or together, Mello, unless it is a private camp which has to be booked in its entirety? :-?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Individually online if they are all free or else e-mail or phone I'd say -O-

Are you going to invite the committee for a week at Urikarus? How sweet of you --00--

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

It must have been the whole camp (and not a private one, just a wilderness camp) - otherwise I don't get why the fourth one wasn't needed. O**
And not on the day when the booking opens because I don't think one would ever be able to get four units at Urikaruus - ever.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Maybe a "Do you know who I am " O** and they did not need the last one -O-

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Maybe -O- Or maybe it is true after all that you can pre-book a whole wilderness camp in the KTP -O-

Return to “General Management Issues - SANParks”