SANParks Times Cancelled

Information and Discussions on Management Issues in SANParks
Richprins
Committee Member

SANParks Times Cancelled

Post by Richprins »

This wonderful publication, released free of charge to possibly a million visitors over the years, has been cancelled and had its last edition printed,due to "lack of funds".

The staffers virtually worked free of charge, and it was printed down here in Nelspruit.

This REALLY is the type of thing that leads to job-losses down the supply chain, not the crap projects SANParks dreams up in the search for money.

RIP, and thanks for the publication, including AW contributions that made it there! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
PennyinSA

Re: SANParks Times Cancelled

Post by PennyinSA »

Absolutely - you hit the nail on the head. ONE would have expected more from a marketing hierarchy that is in place - shortsighted as ever!

Dindingwe

Post by Dindingwe »

Bad news :-( I liked to get and read this publication each time I went to the Kruger It had interesting articles and it sometimes gave me ideas for new trips. So even if it did not bring back money directly to Sanparks it encouraged people to visit the parks...

stefan9

Post by stefan9 »

Sad news.

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Sad news :-( I loved picking 1 up each trip :-( @#$

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

It was already announced quite some months back and it is a real pity. It seems that Sanparks is only interested in doing things large scale O/

Instead of repairing existing accommodations, the built new luxury ones. The principle is the same. To have kept the Sanparks Times going would only have been a drop in the sea :O^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

What a pity :no:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Remember the SANParks Times?
Were you a fan? Would you like to see the publication continue?

The SANParks management team is investigating the possibility of bringing it back!
To inform the team on the specifications and requirements of readers, we would like you to answer a few questions on the type of content and format you would prefer.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SANParksTimes_sm

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Done!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ja, looks like an expensive exercise to make what used to be free, subscribed to now, basically! O**

Return to “General Management Issues - SANParks”