Pete Betts Addo tales

Information & Discussions on Addo Elephant National Park
Polentswa

Re: Pete Betts Addo tales

Post by Polentswa »

PJL wrote:Nice shot of Megan Peter ^Q^ ^Q^
I only got to see her once... she seemed to take after her mother in being a very large lioness lol

The light in the shot above is lovely. How young Josie looks! And would that be Norman with her?

Thanks PJL lol Yes Megan will get 'Wide in the Beam' like Gina ..Its all that Pork/Warthog they eat....Not sure of the names of the newby young male lions...I missed going to Addo for 2 years and the young pair of males that used to chase cars on Nguble Loop suddenly grew up got dark manes and were given names ..This must be one of them as he has an unscarred nose! still. Roy is easy with that square nose and spot on his iris

Mabuasehube and Caprivi are calling
PJL

Post by PJL »

Polentswa wrote:
PJL wrote:Nice shot of Megan Peter ^Q^ ^Q^
I only got to see her once... she seemed to take after her mother in being a very large lioness lol

The light in the shot above is lovely. How young Josie looks! And would that be Norman with her?

Thanks PJL lol Yes Megan will get 'Wide in the Beam' like Gina ..Its all that Pork/Warthog they eat....Not sure of the names of the newby young male lions...I missed going to Addo for 2 years and the young pair of males that used to chase cars on Nguble Loop suddenly grew up got dark manes and were given names ..This must be one of them as he has an unscarred nose! still. Roy is easy with that square nose and spot on his iris
Megan & Roy were born to Aardlam... hence the large lioness aspect ;-)

At the time you took the photo of Josie she was probably still hanging out with Norman & Zwaai... Norman born to Kamkwa and Josie & Zwaai born to Gina a few months apart and raised together. I think it's Norman in your pic... he's always been a bit bigger than Zwaai.

The young car-chasing guys would be Melvin & Gibson. They're all grown up and very impressive chaps now! I remember one time getting a klap on the back of the car from them when they were younger lol lol \O

As you're probably aware, Gina died in early December but thankfully her cubs somehow survived and are doing well in a boma just behind Rooidam. Josie has 3 cubs at the moment as well X#X

Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

Gina was my favourite ...knew her from birth ..very sad..PJL ...thanks for all the family tree re the lions ..I must update my completely out of date data..saw Ardlam 2 weeks ago above Carol's Rest ..She looks so lonely...

Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

East Cape Kudu are really beautiful with their long beards..This is a real snorter of a bull taken at the Southern crossroads waterhole at the end of Harveys and Nguble loops

Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

Summer is thirsty time for ellies in Addo

Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

Came across some Hyena on the Nguble loop pre sunrise last June..This young adult came right up to my window

apologies for the noisy pic ..my current camera doesn't do any ISO above 800 very well..ie low light pre sunrise is a major challenge!! This was on Auto ISO which is how I shoot and it went to max 6400 result not good

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Pics look fine to me! \O Very close to the ellie! O-/

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I don't see the nose of the hyena, because the pics are very big 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

The Hyena only takes up a third of my screen on the left..Lisbeth are you using a Cellphone to look at the pics?? ...I was about 40 metres from the ellie ...taken with a 500mm lens ..From the car Park at Carol's Rest to the waterhole

nan

Post by nan »

nice to see the car (yours) in the eye \O
^Q^ ^Q^

I think also the pic is a little bit big.... noe easy to open... even with ADSL

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Addo Elephant National Park”