Gallery of Shame

Discuss and post pics of Rule-breakers
Flutterby

Gallery of Shame

Post by Flutterby »

Link to the Africa Wild Gallery of Shame on Facebook:

Gallery of Shame

Please forward all reports of rule-breaking in Kruger to ammon.mhaule@sanparks.org

While in the park you can report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325.

Sprocky

Re: Gallery of Shame

Post by Sprocky »

This pic was taken from the H9 of a vehicle and ex-occupant at the Nhlanganini Dam, a mere 30 metres from two Hippo Bulls having a territorial dispute in the water. O/

The best of all, was that there were four other cars in the same party on the tar road with all the occupants walking around handing out and enjoying cold drinks. Luckily there was no alcohol involved.

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

Damn, this makes me angry as does anyone who ignores the rules and laws in our Parks. Without a massive education program, the Dr had better quadruple his law enforcement manpower or he will have anarchy on his hands. A lot of law abiding people may just say "hey, if he can do it, so can I".

Man was placed in charge and given the duty of caring for all creation, are we doing it?
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

But the fact of the matter is that this person was out of his vehicle. The rest of his party of four cars had stopped on the tar road and all the drivers of the vehicles were out of their cars. I have photos of them as well. When I confronted them and asked them to get back in, they said that they were just getting cold drinks out of the boot. I then took photos of them and they hurriedly got back into their cars and apologised to me. I told them that there was no need to apologise to me, they would need to do that at the gate as I was going to report them and hand over the photos. They then asked me not to, and I just said, "too late now and enjoy the rest of the day until you get to the gate". I then drove off and left them to worry about the consequences.

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

It is simply people who knowingly disobey the rules over and over again. Unfortunately our society here in South Africa displays this total disregard in everything. There needs to be a clampdown on all rule breakers everywhere, not just in the parks. The fact that these peeps apologized to you Sprocs, tells me that they knew the rules, but just chose to ignore them, don't forget..here in SA the rules are for the other guy O/ O/ O/ O/

Man was placed in charge and given the duty of caring for all creation, are we doing it?
ceruleanwildfire

Post by ceruleanwildfire »

Please gentleman wait. Put down your burning torches. I think if we stand back we can see that it is obvious what is happening here.

This kind gentleman, at great risk to himself, decided to don a rather ridiculous outfit and exit the safety of his vehicle in order to stun the wildlife so it did not run away and so that other may see the animals. =O: =O: =O:

Seriously though, no taste, no brains!

"Courage, Honour, Integrity, Loyalty, Duty, Selfless Service and Respect. These are the values that define us." - E-Ring
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

These two within metres of each other at Numbi Parking lot....the Rainbow Nation! ;-)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

This one, a copy and paste, from the SANParks Forum...

Last Thursday, the 19th, SAPS and SARS staff held some sort of conference/presentation + picnic at the Crooks' Corner viewpoint. The whole place was packed with cars and some 50 people on plastic chairs. There were even police cars at the nearest intersections to guide arriving particpants to their destination. I can't imagine this was much appreciated by the paying tourists who had driven up all the way from Punda Maria or perhaps even Shingwedzi. I met two who turned away in disgust.

So here a question for SANParks:

Is Crooks' Corner supposed to be a place where visitors can get out of their vehicles, stretch their legs and enjoy the natural beauty, birds and wildlife of the area, or is it an outdoors conference venue?

Johan

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Unacceptable! :evil: Isn't this what conference centers are built for??

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “SANParks' Gallery of Shame”