Public Participation Invite on 10 year Kruger Management Plan

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Public Participation Invite on 10 year Kruger Management Plan

Post by Richprins »

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

KNP MANAGEMENT PLAN REVIEW SESSIONS AT MAJOR CITIES SCHEDULED
Dear Valued stakeholders
The meeting scheduled to take place in Durban on Wednesday, 17 May 2017 is postponed until further notice, due to a request by stakeholders to allow them sufficient time to make arrangements to attend the meeting.
To broaden the consultation process for the Management Plan review, the Kruger National Park (KNP) will hold structured meetings at major cities in the country from 24 to 27 May 2017 and would like to invite interested members of the public to come and give input. This follows up on the public sessions which took place in the local communities bordering the Park from 18 April to 4 May 2017. It is a requirement of the National Environment Management: Protected Areas Act No 57 of 2003 that all protected areas must have management plans and review them every 10 years.
“SANParks vision which reads “a sustainable National Park system connecting society” is the cornerstone of the Park Management Plan and serves as a guideline for our engagements with stakeholders. Our first Park Management Plan was approved in 2008 and the consultation process was a bit limited as it concentrated on mainly the two provinces in which the Park is found. This time we would like to include as many people as possible hence we will be visiting more provinces; because it is important that their input gets included on the plan which will serve as a policy in the next 10 years”, said the KNP Managing Executive, Glenn Phillips.
Five Stakeholder meetings at four major cities will take place at the venues as follows:
Date Venue Forum/Area Time
24 May 2017 Strand Tower Hotel Cape Town 09:00
25 May 2017 Manhattan Hotel Pretoria 09:00
26 May 2017 Aviator Hotel Kempton Park 08:00
27 May 2017 Ingwenyama Lodge White River 09:00
Those who may not be able to attend the sessions but would like to register as a stakeholder and give input, can still do so through the SANParks website on https://www.sanparks.org/conservation/park_man/ or enquire from Dudu Letswele on telephone: 013 735 4102 between Monday and Friday during office hours. Stakeholders can also send an email to knpmanagementplan@sanparks.org
Ends
Issued by
South African National Parks: Communications & Marketing Department – Kruger National Park.
Media enquiries:
William Mabasa, Acting Head of Communications - SANParks. Contact: Tel: 013 735 4363/012 426 5170, cell: 082 807 3919 or email: william.mabasa@sanparks.org

ubhejane

Post by ubhejane »

I am hoping to go to the Durban meeting on 3rd June. Sorry I didn't see your post RP, I seem not to receive notifications. The earlier date was at the Royal Hotel so the next one will probably be in the same place. If anyone has particular relevant question or points that need to be brought up I will do my best. But if you can't attend a meeting, provided that you are a registered IAP, you can send in a written submission as follows: All written inputs are due by 26 May (16H00), and should be emailed to knpmanagementplan@sanparks.org.

Woodlin

Post by Woodlin »

Good morning - I am available to attend the Ngwenya meeting on 27 May - please provide further info and what is required of me. Do I need to register on the link provided, to be able to participate?

Thank you!
Linda

ubhejane

Post by ubhejane »

Durban meeting on 3rd June is at the Royal hotel from 09.00.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Thanks a lot, ubhejane and Linda! People of good will are very appreciated O0 O0

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Thanks to all who have volunteered to attend the meetings...much appreciated! :ty: ^Q^

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Great stuff, Ubhejane and woodlin! Andre.spies@sanparks.org is best for registering.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

As foreigners cannot use the Sanparks form (we do not have a SA ID) you can use the below as an example.

Have send e-mail to:

knpmanagementplan@sanparks.org
Public Participation Invite on 10 year Kruger Management Plan

Good afternoon,

With the present I want to register as Interested and Affected Party. Unfortunately I cannot attend any of the meetings as I live abroad, but hope with this to be kept informed on any further developments.

Kind regards
Lisbeth Scalabrini, Switzerland

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Very important, Lis! \O

Return to “Public Participation - Kruger Management Plan”